AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks

I apologize in advance if I am asking the question in wrong forum . But here is my requirement.

I am streaming videos to my site browsers.. The videos can be SD or HD .. I want to make use of HTML5's feature of making use of the hardware acceleration. How can I know if the users browser or OS supports my HTML5 calls to the acceleration APIs ?

·
Registered
4,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsweeps /forum/post/20795725

Folks

I apologize in advance if I am asking the question in wrong forum . But here is my requirement.

I am streaming videos to my site browsers.. The videos can be SD or HD .. I want to make use of HTML5's feature of making use of the hardware acceleration. How can I know if the users browser or OS supports my HTML5 calls to the acceleration APIs ?

no idea and you might get a better answer in the HTPC section not the media streamer section.

Me personally I could care less what is being used. What I would care about is if the content plays correctly. The 2 are not necessarily and often times not related.

Sean

·
Registered
64 Posts
As far as I know, Opera and Firefox latest versions are really the only browsers that do this well.

I'd honestly say with how the browser wars are going right now, this won't be a problem in 6 months

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.