AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Toshiba P105-S6064 laptop w/ a Core Duo T2400 processor. 2g of ddr2 SDRAM, and a Mobile Intel 945 Express video card. I thought I could not get HA from this set up. Tried TMT3 trial, PDVD that came with my LG BD drive, MPC-HC with no HA.

Now, I downloaded the TMT trial version that's on the Jiff's MKV thread and on MPEG2 videos I have HA. The system is running around 10% on CPU. Why would this be? I do not get HA for any other video type. I have tried H264,VC1, etc but MPEG2 is the only one to utilize HA.

1. Why am I getting HA now when I thought I could not?

2 Since I am getting HA with MPEG2 can I get HA with the other's? ie: VC1, H264 etc

3. If I can get HA with every video type how would I go about doing this?

ps....Another difference recently is I installed Shark007 codec pack...I am running W7 7100 (don't know if this makes a difference....I am very new to all of this.

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
GMA 950 supports MPEG-2 hardware decode acceleration (VLD, iDCT, Motion compensation), but does not support VC-1/H.264 HA. (Use DXVA Checker .)

Not only Arcsoft Video Decoder, but Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and CyberLink Video/SP Decoder should work with GMA 950 for MPEG-2 HA.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts