AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoman /forum/post/18226885

What do you need to get HA going. Is there a best codec.

with what source, what OS, what player.... we need more details..

·
Registered
537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoman /forum/post/18227075

an ION based system running XP outputting via HDMI. Open to whatever front end works best.

exactly.. what video card, what movie player... front ends are just pretty wrappers and interfaces, not the engine that drives the movie.. the movie player you use can vary greatly, even using the same front end.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9400M. I mentioned it was an ION.

Whatever movie player works best. This is why I'm asking the question.

·
Registered
379 Posts
With the ION chipset + MPC-HC can help you playback any DXVA video files, if you want to play them through WMP "Shark's codec pack" is another option. The front end of choice when I was running XP was MediaPortal, by taking the time to configure it to your liking is tough to beat.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyckz /forum/post/18231000

With the ION chipset + MPC-HC can help you playback any DXVA video files, if you want to play them through WMP "Shark's codec pack" is another option. The front end of choice when I was running XP was MediaPortal, by taking the time to configure it to your liking is tough to beat.

Thanks for the response. I've noticed everyone seems to be recommending "Shark's codec pack". I used to use CCCP. Is Shark's better? Is there anything I need to do besides downloading the codec pack to make the hardware acceleration work?

·
Banned
350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoman /forum/post/18231223

Thanks for the response. I've noticed everyone seems to be recommending "Shark's codec pack". I used to use CCCP. Is Shark's better? Is there anything I need to do besides downloading the codec pack to make the hardware acceleration work?

With shark... Check the box saying you want to use HA with FFDShow

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmyna /forum/post/18231241

With shark... Check the box saying you want to use HA with FFDShow

I didn't see any HA box to check. Installed Shark007 and all is smooth as butta now. Thanks for your help. BTW, I'm running an Atom 330 (dual core 1.6) and the video is as crisp as my previous AMD dual core 2.8ghz.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts