AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me with the differences between these two units. From what i see its 10 Watts per channel. Anything else?

Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
The differences between the AVR-225 and 125 is 10w, an On screen display, "EZ Set" speaker calibration, and one extra AV input. I have the 225 and I don't use the EZ set feature (Avia and RS SPL meter for that) and the on screen display is nothing special. There are no Pre-Outs for a seperate amp but there are inputs for either DVD-A or SACD. I got the 225 for the extra AV input and the 10w. I'm not sure if the 125 has the 6ch analog input (DVD-A/SACD).

·
Registered
980 Posts
I also have the 225. Its not bad but lately I have noticed a quirk that bothers me. I have hidef cable connected to my receiver via toslink. The 225 keeps defaulting to DD 2.0 whenever the channel I'm on doesnt have a 5.1 broadcast. This is a pain because I have to then manually change the mode to DPLII. Note also that logic 7 is not available if your connection is toslink regardless of the broadcast format.

·
Registered
179 Posts
DooDoo,

I get the same thing when the OTA Hi Def broadcasts go to a non 5.1 sound. I put the receiver in PLII movie mode and it stays. I can't remember the last time I had to manually put the surround mode to PLII. It usually switches on its own to PLII instead of 2 channel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.