Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have had

onkyo 707 A/V 5.1

Marantz SR-5004 A/V 7.1

Denon AVR2310 A/V 7.1

Pioneer VSX 1019 A/V 7.1

Onkyo is very powerfull on output and on treble/bass too

Marantz is the best choise in music, very good highs

Denon have a good sound, good highs, porr features and assembling and too much bass

Pioneer have more mid range and not so brilliant highs, but good features.

Now i'd buy only a Stereo amplifier or receiver and i think HK 3490 is a good choise.

I would use it with 2 IL Musa 505 140W

80%: Playstation 3 MP3 and CDs

20% TV programs, HDTV bluray and games

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52
You do realize that the H/K 3490 is a 2 channel receiver don't you. The others you have listed are all multi-channel(as a matter of fact 7.1/2 AVR's).
Yes but i think the quality depending from the brand and not so much from model to model.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plata90 /forum/post/19582343

Nice

How is dynamic sound? and stereophonic sound?

Sounds warm? highs are cut off?

This will depend on your speakers more than the receiver or AVR. They should all be neutral and not add anything thats not there. The 3490 is an excellent receiver, especially for what one cost. It would be very hard to find one to match its power,convenience, and ease of use for anywhere near its price range. Also able to connect up to two subs if you want. Look below for a full review and test report, then come back and tell me of even one receiver that can claim this much power in this price range.
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/receivers/hk-3490

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/19582388

This will depend on your speakers more than the receiver or AVR. They should all be neutral and not add anything thats not there. The 3490 is an excellent receiver, especially for what one cost. It would be very hard to find one to match its power,convenience, and ease of use for anywhere near its price range. Also able to connect up to two subs if you want.

How is the virtual speaker function?

Is an old technology, but i think is still good.

Have OSD and calibration?

Remote have background light?

There are comed out new firmware?

I am next to buy a Stereo 3490. Is good in music?

Or better buy marantz (the best in music)

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plata90 /forum/post/19582407

How is the virtual speaker function?

Is an old technology, but i think is still good.

Have OSD and calibration?

I am next to buy a Stereo 3490. Is good in music?

Or better buy marantz (the best in music)

Already answered this in the other thread.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plata90 /forum/post/19582423

What about fw update, and remote backlight?

Doesn't need firmware update and no backlight on the 3390. Can't say about the 3490. Did you read that link I sent. If not read it and if its a stereo receiver you want then its one of the best ones out there right now. For its price it is the best one out there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/19582489

Doesn't need firmware update and no backlight on the 3390. Can't say about the 3490. Did you read that link I sent. If not read it and if its a stereo receiver you want then its one of the best ones out there right now. For its price it is the best one out there.

Ok, I have contacted hk for backlight and other things.

I think is good. I heard in a shopping centre the avr255 and sounds a bit muffled

blocked. Then i heard a 2.1 surround and sounds very bright.

PS: i replyed on the other thread xD

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plata90 /forum/post/19582512

Ok, I have contacted hk for backlight and other things.

I think is good. I heard in a shopping centre the avr255 and sounds a bit muffled

blocked. Then i heard a 2.1 surround and sounds very bright.

PS: i replyed on the other thread xD

My man, with these comparison your'e doing apples to oranges. You have no idea how that 255 was set-up. Was the Eq system set up properly? Was it on at all? You don't have these options with the 3490. No eq program to mess with setup. You need to listen to the 3490. Preferably in your home with your speakers. Then you can make a good decision if this receiver is for you or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.