AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Recently purchased a Harman Kardon AVR 1510. The one issue I'm having is that the On Screen Display (OSD) will not appear when I hit the OSD/Menu button on the remote.

Samsung TV (UN60H6203AFXZA) connected to the AVR via HDMI out. Also have an optical cable connected to the TV (with my previous receiver, this was the only way I could feed sound from the TV to the receiver). HDMI Ins are a Verizon Cable STB and a Roku. I have no problems with picture and sound on all devices.

Could a new HDMI cable resolve the issue? When I set up the TV to my old receiver, it would not take to an HDMI 1.0 receiver. I replaced with a newer HDMI cable and then had no issues. Wondering if the HDMI cable is again the culprit.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I would try a new cable and if that doesn't work try contacting HK. I have the same AVR and my OSD works just fine. I can't remember for sure but is there a way to turn it on and off in the AVR settings?

Wayne

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Are you hitting the "avr" button on the bottom left of the remote? That is what brings up the OSD, not the menu button. Just checking as this has confused people before, and could be the simplest fix. I would need to see your remote. When you hit the buttons on the receiver itself does the OSD work

·
Registered
148 Posts
Are you hitting the "avr" button on the bottom left of the remote? That is what brings up the OSD, not the menu button. Just checking as this has confused people before, and could be the simplest fix. I would need to see your remote. When you hit the buttons on the receiver itself does the OSD work
That's a great point. The buttons inside the box is the source buttons. You must make sure you hit AVR then OSD.

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
that's a lot different than my remote so I'm not sure. When you choose an input with the buttons ON THE AVR does the OSD show up?

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's a lot different than my remote so I'm not sure. When you choose an input with the buttons ON THE AVR does the OSD show up?
You have a AVR-1510?

Its like any other remote, if you want it to control the TV you hit TV then the command you want it to do. If you want it to control the DVD you hit DVD then then command you want it to do.

To the OP, when you hit the OSD button what button at the top lights up? If any other button other than AVR button light up hit the AVR button and then hit the OSD.

Wayne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I have the same issue: no OSD menu shows on the TV screen

I carried the audio signal from TV, Sony 2014 model KDL-46W905a, via HDMI 1.4 Audio Return Channel, to the receiver, and all is OK except I cannot show the OSD Menu on the TV screen. Only sugggestion I found on forums was to press the remote AVR button first, and then the OSD button but this doesn't work for me. I don't use optical or composite or S-video cable, only the HDMI since several users confirm this configuration is better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts