AVS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...lt.asp?cat=REC

Saw these earlier tonight and they are on pre-order from J&R.

Sounds promising if they would only work.

Could be really interested in the 2600. It is the same weight (31LBs) as the 3600 with 4 HDMI INs, new HD Audio decoders, etc. I think Preouts and 1 more optical IN is the difference along with 15 watts (65 vs. 80).

I hope Best Buy gets these in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
From my understanding Best Buy has dropped HK for Onkyo and the lower to mid level Denons are on the main floor.

These do look interesting. Hopefully they have less issues compared to the 54 series.

I'm surprised no one has responded to this message. I guess everyone is fed up with HK.

·
Registered
12,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMAVADER /forum/post/17031312

http://www.harmanaudio.com/search_br...lt.asp?cat=REC

Saw these earlier tonight and they are on pre-order from J&R.

Sounds promising if they would only work.

Could be really interested in the 2600. It is the same weight (31LBs) as the 3600 with 4 HDMI INs, new HD Audio decoders, etc. I think Preouts and 1 more optical IN is the difference along with 15 watts (65 vs. 80).

I hope Best Buy gets these in.

Step-up Differences of the 3600 vs 2600 are..
  • More Power Output
  • A-Bus
  • 7.1 Pre-Outs
  • Zone II Remote Control
  • Zone I Remote Control has Backlighting & a Learn function

Just my $0.015...

·
Registered
459 Posts
The HK has a few things I really liked reading about so far.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/09/09...-1600-2600-an/

-I'd really like the Dolby Volume thing though. I hate when certain HD stations have a much lower volume.

-I also wouldn't mind the new ability to watch iPhone videos in HD.

So the question is, should I sell my newly ordered Denon AVR-4310CI and try the top end HK or does my Denon already do "Dolby Volume"? I need to find out before I set my Denon up. I'm not sure the Denon has as many inputs as the HK with up-conversion either. Finally I wonder who's on screen gui is nicer too? Suggestions/Feedback?

·
Registered
12,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazjon /forum/post/17148988

The HD video output of the iPod is @720p (analog) from the 2600/3600, but it looks very good...

Note that the Bridge III is required but comes with the 3600 and is an option for the 2600.

Just my $0.015...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hk receivers are some hardware I want to like. They look great. They sound great. But the technical issues are flat out inexcusable. Take a look at the HK AVR 254, 354 thread. It is like a house of horrors! How HK can think it is acceptable to send out buggy hardware with no real firmware fixes is beyond excusable. I hope this new line proves me wrong because the fans of HK's good stuff deserves better...

·
Registered
515 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazjon /forum/post/17148988

The HK has a few things I really liked reading about so far.

http://www.engadgethd.com/2009/09/09...-1600-2600-an/

-I'd really like the Dolby Volume thing though. I hate when certain HD stations have a much lower volume.

So the question is, should I sell my newly ordered Denon AVR-4310CI and try the top end HK or does my Denon already do "Dolby Volume"? I need to find out before I set my Denon up. I'm not sure the Denon has as many inputs as the HK with up-conversion either. Finally I wonder who's on screen gui is nicer too? Suggestions/Feedback?

I would keep the Denon as it has some very cool features such as Audyssey's Dynamic Volume similar to the Dolby volume and Dynamic Eq for your soft HD stations. Plus the Gui is very nice. I had the Denon for about a month and have enthusiastically enjoyed it. Plus the Denon has the anchor bay video chip which has been regarded as superior for any upconversion duties. Just my two cents

·
Registered
40 Posts
One question though, does the new H/K Receiver Line-Up also have Dolby Headphone Capability??? Or does the new Dolby Volume feature cater to headphone users as well as to speaker setups???

I ask this question because half of the time, I will be listening to movie soundtracks through headphones as much as I will be listening to them through speakers.

I am planning on using mine with a Speaker Bar.

--Charles--

·
Registered
1,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaskelljr2001 /forum/post/17175327

One question though, does the new H/K Receiver Line-Up also have Dolby Headphone Capability??? Or does the new Dolby Volume feature cater to headphone users as well as to speaker setups???

I ask this question because half of the time, I will be listening to movie soundtracks through headphones as much as I will be listening to them through speakers.

--Charles--

It does not have Dolby Headphone but Harman's own Headphone setup. It's a 5.1 setup like Dolby.

·
Registered
12,309 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaskelljr2001 /forum/post/17175327

--Charles--

For their new models 1600, 2600 & 3600 they have dropped Dolby Headphone & Dolby Virtual Speaker and installed their own HK developed DSP respective modes..

IMHO..

Certain HK developed DSP modes such as Logic 7 work pretty well..

You will like their versions...

Just my $0.015...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts