Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I currently own an AVR225 that I bought 1 year and 8 months ago.

About 2 months ago, I started having problems with my receiver going into protect mode, but only once in a while. It didn't make a whole lot of sense because the most I ever had the volume at was something like -22.

The cabinet I had the reciever stored in was pretty tight and I just assumed the unit was overheating.

I have since moved to a new house and placed the reciever out in the open on top of the rest of my components....the "protect" problem is now consistent. Once the amp has been on for about 40 minutes I can pretty much count on it going into Protect mode, no matter what the volume is at. Now, I have been using the same speaker wire for the last 2 years, and I have those little "Monster clips" on the end of each wire. From what I've read on here it might not be a bad idea to re-wire the speakers. What do you guys/gals think?

Another thought I had...I use Infinity Alpha 40 fronts and rears, and they both have 2 places to plug the speaker wire into. (I forget the purpose of this...sorry!)

Anyways, is it possible I have the wire plugged into the wrong spot and would that be a possible cause? Or is it possible that if it's not plugged into the same spot on all 4 speakers I would get the problem.

Are there any other suggestions before I ship this bad-boy off to HK??

Equipment used - Infinity Alpha 40 Front/rear/center channel with Velodyne 8" SUB

thanks!

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Key point is to make sure that there is no little wire strand shorting either at the AVR (back) speaker terminals or the speaker terminals on the speaker itself... One little strand can trigger the Protect circuit..

However if this does not show up until after playing 40 minutes then it could be an internal AVR fault..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.