Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this site and this is my first post.

This is my setup (recently bought AVR 635 and trying to connect every thing):

Panasonic 52" LCD projection HDTV (PT-52LCX65)

Harman Kardon AVR 635

JBL SCS300.7

Philips DVD 642 DVD player.

(I have Dish 811 HD receiver and PS2).

My problem is,

Video quality is very good when I connect Dish Receiver (811) directly to my TV. But when I connect it to AVR 635, I see some what grainy picture , which is little brighter also.

For DVD player, I didn't see much difference (Directly connecting to TV versus connecting to AVR).

What could be the problem? I verified all the connections - I am using the cables shipped with Dish receiver 811 (looks /feels quality wise) and also bought GE cables from CC (didn't buy the monster cables).

Please advise,

Thanks,

Raj

·
Registered
164 Posts
What connection is been used to:
  1. Connect the 811 directly to the TV
  2. Connect the 811 to the receiver
  3. Connect the 635 (monitor out) to the TV

Is all the above via component video connection with cable of similiar quality? Also, is the DVD player connected in the same way as the 811?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmexec
What connection is been used to:
  1. Connect the 811 directly to the TV
  2. Connect the 811 to the receiver
  3. Connect the 635 (monitor out) to the TV

Is all the above via component video connection with cable of similiar quality? Also, is the DVD player connected in the same way as the 811?
I used component cables for all the connections. I also did this test:

My 811 has DVI out and my TV accepts HDMI - before purchasing AVR, I used DVI-HDMI cable to connect 811 to TV. I know for fact that there is no difference in quality between component & HDMI.

I gave two connections to TV - One HDMI connection directly from 811 and the other switched through AVR.

Now, changing the video input on TV back and forth, I can clearly see the difference in quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.