AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have any input on this system. I will be using with Optoma H31 dlp projector. I don't see that the system has any hdmi connection. My budget is $1200 - am I better offf with separate components ( even though this htib is basically separate components)? btw... room size is 17x17.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

·
Registered
219 Posts
From what I recall, the website (which appears to be not responding at the moment) said that it was a combination of the AVR 335, and the DVD 31. The AVR 335 receiver is very well-regarded around here.

I don't know anything about the DVD 31. If you need HDMI and it doesn't have it, that means you should look elsewhere.

As for the speakers, I have no first hand knowledge of the speakers packaged in the CP 35. They looked like small sats with a sub in the picture. Have you listened to them? But as a rule, you can almost always do better by buying the components individually.

When connecting a dvd player to a projector, scaling is usually the main issue. I don't have a projector, but that's my understanding. Personally, I have a Samsung 941 universal dvd player, which does a bit of scaling (at least as much as I need for my Samsung DLP set) and it has HDMI out. I think you need to do a bit more research to determine which dvd player is capable of outputing the exact resolutions you need for your projector before choosing one.

Let's assume, for the moment, that the Samsung 941 works for you. I recently paid around $150 for mine including s&h. If you go with the HK AVR 235 (instead of the 335), you can find that from an authorized e-tailer for under $300. That leaves a budget of around $750 for speakers and a sub. The only thing that I can think of that would be decent in that budget range would be a Rocket ELT package from **********. If you go on their forum, you can ask the other members for a demo if anybody has a similar system in your area.

Of course, none of this means a hill of beans if you don't research and listen to any of this before you make a decision.

Have fun and take your time doing your research and listening to what you find first.

-David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.