AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A lightning strike destroyed my old LG TV.
I bought a new one: LG 65" smart TV.

I have connected the TV's ARC port (HDMI2) to the Harman's HDMI 1 port.
It seems to recognise it, but I cannot hear anything when I set the TV to use the ARC.

I tried to select different option on the ARC such as auto, full passthrough, etc..
I tried using the HDMI 2 port of the soundbar.
Nothing worked.

If I set the the HDMI to the soundbar out port - the TV recognise it as a source - so the cable should be fine.

Any ideas?
firmware update maybe?

I don't want to use optical port, as TV won't control the volume.

Regards,
Ido

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I had the SB26, I had better results running the video directly to the soundbar, and not using ARC at all. I had a Panasonic 60ZT60 and the ARC port was compatible with it and it worked, but the sound was better and lip sync was better when the video HDMI cable went directly to the soundbar first. I don't think there are any settings/adjustments to make when using ARC. It was either compatible or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I had the SB26, I had better results running the video directly to the soundbar, and not using ARC at all. I had a Panasonic 60ZT60 and the ARC port was compatible with it and it worked, but the sound was better and lip sync was better when the video HDMI cable went directly to the soundbar first. I don't think there are any settings/adjustments to make when using ARC. It was either compatible or not.
It was like this at first, but the soudbar didn't produce dolby-vision image quality.
Now I just use the TV and the Harman I just standing there looking cool.

·
Registered
200 Posts
It was like this at first, but the soudbar didn't produce dolby-vision image quality.
Now I just use the TV and the Harman I just standing there looking cool.
Can you run an optical cable from the TV to the SB26? I did that when I used the TV's internal apps, and the sound was good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried using an expensive golden HDMI
Still not working.

The sound bar turns on and off according to the TV but it won't play the sound.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i tried various hdmi cables. something doesn't work between sb26 and my lg 65cx. seems like only optical cables work properly. when i set it to optical in my TV, and i teach SB26 the IR codes, everything works as it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts