AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 890 that uses an extender to blast IR signals to my A/V rack. Recently I swapped out my old Xbox 360 for the slim model and it does not respond to commands from my RF extender. I have tried my old Xbox 360 media remote and it controls the slim just fine. Any idea why I can not control the Xbox?

Another question: My brother just got an 1100 and he tells me that he can control his Xbox via RF. I thought he was off his rocker, is it possible to control the Xbox 360 via RF?

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Make sure the emitter for the 360 is assigned to the correct port on the extender.

Your brother is wrong. The 1100 can only control the 360 (or any device) via IR. The only RF is between the remote and the RF to IR extender. Ask him to cover up the 360's IR port with something such as electrical tape and see how well the 1100 works. If it was using RF then the tape wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the extender sitting on the surround speaker across the room from the rack, I am not using the emitters. This worked fine with my old 360 and every other piece of equipment still in the rack. The new 360 is not picking up the signals for some reason.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Move the extender right in front of the 360 and see if it works. If so then you need to work on the physical environment or run an IR emitter. If not then you need to work on the software configuration. You can change the 360 device in the Harmony software to use IR from the remote and try it that way if you can't move the extender.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you ever get this working? I am having the same issue with an xbox 360 slim. All other components work with a repeater.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I never got it working. My harmony died and I am currently working on an irule/itach setup. I haven't gotten to the 360 yet, but it will have an emitter taped to the front that runs from the itach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts