AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am hoping you can help me out with my stereo choice. I have been looking at the Harmon Kardon 525 for a while and I have heard some good reviews of its sound. I am also looking at the Onkyo 800 which has the ability to up-convert composite video to s-video. I would appreciate you feedback on these two units.

Thank you.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I checked my posting and saw that I put Hardon instead of Hardan Kardon for the 525 - sorry. I am referring to the AVR 525 receiver. I would appreciate your advice. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey foxman, I don't know if this would help you or not. I had the Onkyo 601 for a week and it cutted off when it got hot and traded in for a HK 525. The power on the HK 525 is much more than the Onkyo right out of the box but I'm still messing with the connections on the 525, kind of confusing to me.

I'll get it figure out somehow, someday or whenever.

Good luck with your choice!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just had the 525 digital and analogs hookups figured out last night, it's awesome! Didn't get any replies from HK owners but search through all the old posts and threads and got the answers. Now left is calibrating the speakers and should be all set. I think you should be happy with the HK.

I've still got 20 more days to test it out before keeping it or go for the Denon 3803.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.