AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the right-front channel on my HK AVR 110 isn't working anymore. I tried switching speakers in and out of the same channel and the same speaker works fine on other channels. So I ruled out that it's a speaker problem. I don't really know where to go from here.

Is it possible to blow out a single pair of speaker terminals? What could I have done to do this? Is it fixable?

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
yes.. Se if getting rough with it while the cable is plugged in results in any noise at all. That would indicate a soldering iron should be able to take care of it.

I am leary to tell anybody to go into their AVR for any work though. There is a reason the manual says "refere serviceing to a qualified service personel" you know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got a free H/K AVR-110 from a friend because it was having the same exact problem you described. I took it in to get diagnosed at an authorized repair place and the guy told me it was a problem with the "power amplifier" and would cost $140 to repair.

Considering you can get a working, used model online for $60 now, it wasn't worth it.

Still not ready to trash it, I discovered if you put it on "5CH STEREO" you can plug your main left and right speakers into the SURROUND left and right outputs. This will let you at least use the receiver for stereo listening.

I use it for my computer and was quite impressed with stereo music through my Athena B1s.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.