AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently updated FW of the unit using file "AVR170_USB(V03_05A).fw"
After the udpate, i verified all my settings. All good.

Issue is that after the update, the AVR doesnt turn on automatically when i turn my tv on. It does however turn off. All components are connected via HDMI.

More details: looks like when the AVR initially turns off/standby when i turn my tv off, the AVR display shows "Device sleep". This is new, i had not seen this before. This mode seems to last for about 15-30 min i dont for how long exactly. After that period the display goes away and the AVR seems to go into a deeper sleep of some sort.
If i turn my tv on during the time the AVE shows "DEVICE SLEEP", the AVR turns on with the Tv. Once that mode is gone, it doesnt turn on with the tv and needs to be turned on via its own remote.

I've checked all settings, there are no sleep setting related to this or anything.

I contact HK, they say you cannot downgrade a firmware...

Any ideas?
Does anyone else has this AVR out there?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Hello,

I recently updated FW of the unit using file "AVR170_USB(V03_05A).fw"
After the udpate, i verified all my settings. All good.

Issue is that after the update, the AVR doesnt turn on automatically when i turn my tv on. It does however turn off. All components are connected via HDMI.

More details: looks like when the AVR initially turns off/standby when i turn my tv off, the AVR display shows "Device sleep". This is new, i had not seen this before. This mode seems to last for about 15-30 min i dont for how long exactly. After that period the display goes away and the AVR seems to go into a deeper sleep of some sort.
If i turn my tv on during the time the AVE shows "DEVICE SLEEP", the AVR turns on with the Tv. Once that mode is gone, it doesnt turn on with the tv and needs to be turned on via its own remote.

I've checked all settings, there are no sleep setting related to this or anything.

I contact HK, they say you cannot downgrade a firmware...

Any ideas?
Does anyone else has this AVR out there?

I don't have that model, but go into avr, system settings, and make sure all your selections are as they were. The update wipes them out - check CEC and TV power under system settings.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have that model, but go into avr, system settings, and make sure all your selections are as they were. The update wipes them out - check CEC and TV power under system settings.
Thanks. But i only have one setting under system which is remotely relevant to hdmi, power or anything related. The setting is "HDMI Link" and it is set to ON.
i have checked all other settings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.