AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need the wireless extender to control a Hunter 28870 fan with light? I've set it up on my 1000 and 890 I don't get any buttons recognized in the logitech software it just refers you to the custom buttom programming menu which does only IR.

Am I doing something wrong.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
You can't control RF devices with the Harmony (or any brand) RF remotes. The RF is only to communicate with the RF extender. Same as a cordless phone, it only talks to the base using RF.

The only exception to this is the 890 is Z-wave compatible which is a form of RF, but not anything to do with your fan. You could get some Z-wave switches to control your fan. Intermatic brand is rather cheap and can be found on amazon.com.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are there any remotes out there that can control RF from the remote? The philips pronto?

I'd rather not rewire my fan because you still couldn't control speeds and turn on off the lights it seems like it would be only 1 state.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurujef03 /forum/post/15590578

So are there any remotes out there that can control RF from the remote? The philips pronto?

I'd rather not rewire my fan because you still couldn't control speeds and turn on off the lights it seems like it would be only 1 state.

Thanks for the response.

No.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurujef03 /forum/post/15590578

Thanks for the response.

The Philips Pronto can control Lutron RadioRA devices. As Bryan pointed out, the Harmony 890 can control Z-Wave devices. Those are proprietary just as the Hunter fan control is. You might call Hunter to see if they are working with any remote control manufacturers but you need to find a compatible remote - I tend to doubt that there is one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Philips also sells lighting and lamps. For example, I have a Philips LED-based mood lamp that uses an RF remote control. Does the Pronto or any other remote unit control these?

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamede /forum/post/15647363

Philips also sells lighting and lamps. For example, I have a Philips LED-based mood lamp that uses an RF remote control. Does the Pronto or any other remote unit control these?

Philips Pronto is compatible with the Lutron Radio RA. It isn't likely to control your device even though it is also Philips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts