AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
While I was waiting for my 890 to update while on the phone with Harmony tech support I was picking his brain about the 1000. He said that he has one and really likes it. He said that as of right now, it doesn't really do anything that the 890 can't however in the future, their will be more functionality added through firmware. He did say that it is very well balanced to be able to surf channels in one hand. I like the big screen and the look of the product but after the initial wow factor goes away, that is very important that it is easy to use in the way you're comfortable with. I think I'll eventually get one, but if it doesn't do anything that my 890 can't do, I might as well wait until it does and get it for less money as the price drops as time goes by.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHarmony /forum/post/0

Anyone knows when is going to come out or how much is going to cost and where to buy one.

The release date is supposed to be 1/23/07, but who really knows. It should be released on that date though.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
i saw it at ces and looked really nice but i dont want to move my 880 until i can upload custom buttons to the device... a media center green button for example. (i tried to ask the logitech reps about it but they were too busy)

·
Registered
5,721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagouar /forum/post/0

i saw it at ces and looked really nice but i dont want to move my 880 until i can upload custom buttons to the device... a media center green button for example.

You can't. As I mentioned in another thread, it's essentially a touchscreen 890.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
i figured it was from the looks of it... which is dissapointing. hopefully they add this feature because im sure it has been requested enough. imo harmony is the best universal remote out there (because of its setup/ease of use with the activities) but it does lack a bit in the customization dept (and it should be able to run any graphics as the botton layout since you can do channel logos now... just a matter of allowing it in the software)

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Harmony 1000 was on display at the local best buy last night. I didn't get much of a chance to play with it, because it was strapped down and locked into a demo.

It looked pretty sweet though, and once I got over the fact that it wasn't the standard shape of a remote, I liked it a lot.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I spoke with Logitech sales support today and they said that a small number of Harmony 1000 have been released to select Best Buy/Magnolia stores. Don't know if these are just for demo or not.

They are still not saying when the general release will be, but hedging saying it will be another 1-2 weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.