AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Harmony 550 remote quite awhile ago and finally got around to setting it up. It works great, except that I can't figure out how to get the remote to go to the right inputs. When watching tv, I need it on Input #4 HDMI 1 and when watching a movie, it needs to be on Input #5 HDMI 2. If anyone knows how to set this up correctly, I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks in advance! - Matt

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
You need to go thru the setup/wizard of each activity and tell the software what input the panny needs to be on when it gets to that point.

2 important things to note. You have to make sure all of the inputs are listed because it will likely have to cycle thru all of the inputs to get to the correct one, unless your panny has direct input in which case it should be a single command to get to the right input.

The other thing which ties in to the above, if you have to cycle thru inputs to get to the correct one, is with some Panny's and it may be the case with yours you can skip unused inputs. So if you have an input listed but it is set to skip on the tv it throw things off as well. If you are only using those 2 inputs you can hopefully set everything else to skip and then remove all the inputs on the software other than HDMI 1 & 2. This way it is will be like having direct inputs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.