Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a Kenwood KRF X775D receiver. It is a 5.1 THX receiver I purchase through the military exhange online. I bought it six months ago. It is a great receiver. Unfortunately, this model is not sold in US retail outlets, and I actually have not come across anyone else who has it.

My question is this: I am interested in purchasing the Harmony SST 659. I took the "test drive" on harmony's website but my particular receiver is not listed. Would the codes for another Kenwood receiver more than likely work? If not, how difficult is it to "manually" input all the receiver functions and label them in the Harmony remote?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It's very easy to manually input the remote signals to the 659. It will take a bit of time, but it's well worth it.

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
And yes, can't talk directly about your model, but generally speaking, most manufacturers use the same codes for the same effect in different models.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jrs98
Hi everyone,

I have a Kenwood KRF X775D receiver. It is a 5.1 THX receiver I purchase through the military exhange online. I bought it six months ago. It is a great receiver. Unfortunately, this model is not sold in US retail outlets, and I actually have not come across anyone else who has it.

My question is this: I am interested in purchasing the Harmony SST 659. I took the "test drive" on harmony's website but my particular receiver is not listed. Would the codes for another Kenwood receiver more than likely work? If not, how difficult is it to "manually" input all the receiver functions and label them in the Harmony remote?

Thanks,

Jeff
Try calling Kenwood up and see what the equivalent US model is. Then try that model number when you set up the remote. If that fails, you can always try Harmony's customer support.

Sorny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.