AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up the Harmony 670, programmed it, but can't get it to turn on my HR-20 by pressing the "Watch TV" button on the remote. The LCD TV turns on, but not the HR-20.

After several frustrating attempts, I finally realized that the D* remote was set to RF. I switched it over to IR and at least now the Harmony can turn the HR-20 on and off, but the HR-20 won't turn on initially when I press "Watch TV." I press "Help" on the remote and it asks if the HR-20 is on (it's not). Then, on the second press of the Help button, the HR-20 does come on. When the Help screen on the remote asks if this solved the problem, I press "Yes" but when I then press "Off" the LCD T.V. turns off but not the HR-20.

I think there is something fundamental I am missing here and I shouldn't be having these problems with this remote. The switch on the D* remote is all the way over to left, and I am pressing the Power button (not the TV on/off) button when teaching the Harmony the power on/off command.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
DeanS: I just purchased a 670 too, and using the on line Harmony site, transferred all my 880 settings to the 670. Everything works perfect. In your case, when setting it up for an Activity (WatchTV) using the Harmony software on line, perhaps something was not set right. I would suggest deleting the activity, and start from scratch. It should work just fine after you do the update. I like this 670 much better than the old 880 with its cramped non raised buttons. This one also seems much faster. Good luck.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruffread: Thanks for the response. I did send an email to Logitech and they answered back very quickly. They indicated they new the issue and have already gone ahead and adjusted the settings in my account so that all I have to do is re-connect the remote to the computer and update the remote and then I will be fine. I'll find out this evening if it worked. I do like the feel of this new remote and so am anxious to get it working properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts