AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weird question. I am currently using the BD Hdmi port as well as one of the other assignable hdmi ports on my receiver. The problem is that my pioneer remote control only has one button for all 4 hdmi ports, and it does not cycle through them in any particular order (if receiver was on BD when turned off and I press hdmi next time it is on it will cycle through the hdmi inputs starting at BD. The logitech remote software only gives me the input option of hdmi. So if the receiver was turned off on hdmi2 for example when I turn it on to watch BD (hdmi 1) the receiver will switch to hdmi 3. The problem I am having is that no matter how I program the remote everything is dependent on the initial conditions of the system.

I am at a loss here.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BTW the receiver is a pioneer 1019

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
even though there isn't a button on the remote to select hdmi inputs, there are discrete codes for the inputs, and they are available on the harmony database...

they are called "inputbd, inputhdmi1, etc."... issue the command for the input you want as part of the startup sequence for the activity... that should get you squared away...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure if you are referring to the database in the logitech software or some other master database that I don't know about. I will try programming the remote to each of the input options in the software, but I am pretty sure it will not work...

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
yes, the database in the harmony software...

well, you just got crossed off the list of people who get questions answered by me...
as i'm VERY sure it will work if you do it correctly...

but what do i know? i've only owned a dozen or so pioneer receivers and half a dozen harmony remotes...

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj /forum/post/17041188

yes, the database in the harmony software...

well, you just got crossed off the list of people who get questions answered by me...
as i'm VERY sure it will work if you do it correctly...

but what do i know? i've only owned a dozen or so pioneer receivers and half a dozen harmony remotes...

Well someone has a bad superiority complex in full swing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts