Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the harmony 680,

harmony has been mucking with the programming lately so there is ALWAYS a Video Display column for activities that use the TV. :mad: Now I, for some ungodly annoying reason, have an "Aspect" soft button in every activity that uses the TV. :eek:

It wouldn't be so bad if it were the last thing but it is the first! So it throws all my columns off.

Where do I go to remove that button? I have gone through and deleted it from every activity only for it to show up again. IT DOESN'T GO AWAY and there is NO WHERE to change it as far as I can see.

Is this because I have a widescreen TV?

Please anyone, help me!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 676. It appears you are doing everything right to get rid of it. I had to go thru each activity and delete it where it appeared. Did the download and all was better. I can only suggest you contact Harmony support at this point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm having the exact problem, even after deleting the aspect soft button in all activities using the TV- Watch DVDs and TV, harmonys stubborn web site puts it right back!! It messes up my columns just a bee noted.

hormonys support is closed for the night but I'll be sure and call in the morning!!

anyone know how to fix this without calling them??

·
Registered
20 Posts
ok- I just got off the phone with tech support and got their work around, they are aware of this but haven't fixed it yet.

What you need to do is change the aspect soft button name and command to what ever you wish, it will still show up as the FIRST button on the lcd though, so you need to treat the Last button on the list of soft buttons as the FIRST on the lcd screen so your columns dont get all messed up. What I did was delete my first soft button on the list, use the aspect button that was causing this problem as the first button, I changed the name to "TV Pwer" and command was "tv power toggle". This is the way I had it to begin with, tv power as the first lcd command

This change will show up is all activities using your TV except for having to delete your first button on the list and using the last button as the first.

Kinda confusing huh? but I figured it out so I'm sure you can!!

My concern is what happens when this is "bug" is fixed, you'll have to move all your button down one row and add your first button back where it belongs.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what I got from Harmony Tech Support

Quote:
Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Harmony Remote

At this time the Aspect command cannot be removed. This is an error on the website and will be corrected in a timely manor. Please try to remove it again in 1 - 2 weeks, as this will give a reasonable amount of time to correct this.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Harmony Technical Support
Here's hoping :)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
:mad:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie1617
I had a similar problem with my 676. It appears you are doing everything right to get rid of it. I had to go thru each activity and delete it where it appeared. Did the download and all was better. I can only suggest you contact Harmony support at this point.
I have to take this back. I went and added a new device and associated activity. When I did the update, the infamous Aspect button is back on the LCD with every activity that uses the television. It appears that Logitech is not discriminating against 680 users, they are screwing up everyone. Still, I never get any comfort from everybody being screwed equally.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I received an e-mail from Harmony yesterday indicating that the Aspect button problem had been fixed. Went and updated the remote this Am and it is gone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder why I never get e-mail from them..?

O well. will check tonight. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just tried deleting it to no avail- it still wont go away!!

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I reviewed the e-mail that Logitech sent me in response to my complaining about their e-mail that stated that the issue was solved since I didn't answer their last e-mail. The support rep said it was removed from my account. Apparently, they can do it on an account basis. I'm sorry I misled everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HUH?

Why would they do it on an account basis? That actually seems harder than taking it out of the system as a whole.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So I have the 688, and I have the aspect issue....also.....does it have to say "watch my tv" all the time, i'd like use of all three soft keys? is either of these permanently fixed or do i have to call tech support?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueBong
So I have the 688, and I have the aspect issue....also.....does it have to say "watch my tv" all the time, i'd like use of all three soft keys? is either of these permanently fixed or do i have to call tech support?
You can select the option to use all 6 buttons, without displaying the activity mode in the LCD.

From the home page after logging in, select "My Remote Preferences". Then select "Settings". At the bottom you can change the Menu Format from 4 to 6 buttons.

·
Registered
134 Posts
sweet! thanks...i just got it and did the initial setup ( and one adjustment).....but haven't gotten around to playing w/all the functions......any other nifty hints/tips anyone wants to share?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,

While growing impatient for the 'Aspect' bug to be fixed I found the following workaround (partial workaround, actually).

I renamed Aspect to the same thing my first item was in the list (In my case PageUp). Then when I update and come back in, there is no aspect on the bottom, but my PageUp custom button is now 'merged'.

End result: 'Aspect' removed from custom menu for my watching TV activity. However, my PageUp custom command is now a macro that pages up my tv guide and also sends the aspect command to my TV.

The reason I can get away with it is that the Aspect command doesn't appear to do anything to my TV but display the current mode.

BTW, I am coming off a MX-500 and am very very pleased with the 680. I was able to learn the commands for my room fan and A/V receiver that the MX-500 couldn't learn.

Couple suggestions for the wish list: Wish I could assign to the MEDIA button (DVR List command would be perfect for that button for me). also wsh you could to 'Partial updates' like select the activity/device you wanted to update. A lot of times I just go in and tweak a few small things but then have to do the full 6 minute update to get them to the remote. Also, a dedicated A B and C button would be ideal to work with my Sci. Atl Hi Def DVR. I considered using 1 2 and 3, but do enter in channels by number on occasion. Also a dedicated last channel button would be nice.

Anyway, great remote! Hope you guys enjoy yours!

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.