AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to get the Harmony remote to respond to button presses as fast as the OEM Pioneer remote.

With the Pioneer remote, the DVR will change channels as fast as I can press the button.

With the Harmony 680 remote, if I press the channel button ( or any other button ) quickly and repeatedly, say, 10 times, I can set the remote down and watch it change channels SLOWLY . The green LED on the remote stays a solid green for seconds after I stop pressing buttons. This is VERY frustrating when trying to navigate menus or edit a DVD.

I have tried adjusting delays, and repeats, but it is still VERY SLOW compared to the OEM pioneer remote.

Does anyone here have fast button response with a Harmony remote controlling a Pioneer DVR 640H-S ????

I am out of ideas. Can someone please help me ??

Thanks,

Allan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by czzer /forum/post/0

Have you reduced the Inter Key Delay AND the Inter Device Delay?

I have the Inter-key delay set at 0, Inter-device delay at 100.

I have repeats set at 2 ( if I set this any lower, it doesnt work unless I hold the buttons down for around 1 second ).

Is there something I'm missing ??

I want this remote to work as quick as my Pioneer remote, but so far, no luck.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
I would try increasing the Inter-key delay to 100 or 200 if the Pioneer isn't responding to less than 2 repeats. A 0 ms delay may be too quick for your Pioneer to recognize, which is why it needs a repeat of 2.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/0

I would try increasing the Inter-key delay to 100 or 200 if the Pioneer isn't responding to less than 2 repeats. A 0 ms delay may be too quick for your Pioneer to recognize, which is why it needs a repeat of 2.

I have tried setting the repeats at 1, with Inter-key Delay set at 200, but that will not work . I still have to hold down the Hamony buttons for around 3/4-second for it to respond.

I also tried 1 repeat with 100, 300, 400, and 500 Inter-key delays, still no better.

The Harmony seems like it will not respond to quick button presses with a repeat lower than 2.

However, with my JVC TV, the remote is set at the default of 3 repeats, with Inter-key Delay set at 0, and it changes channels as fast as I can tap the button.

Am I stuck with slow button response with this remote?

It is frustrating for this expensive remote to have this much "lag" compared to the Pioneer remote.

What is left for me to try ?

I am losing patience with this remote!

Any suggestions ??

Thanks,

Allan.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Try re-learning the commands in RAW(under "Custom" on the learning page). When teaching, press the original remote button as quick as possible where it would still work as it should.

The fact that your TV doesn't have a lag proves the remote can send commands fast enough, so the problem is more than likely with the Pioneer database codes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by czzer /forum/post/0

Try re-learning the commands in RAW(under "Custom" on the learning page). When teaching, press the original remote button as quick as possible where it would still work as it should.

The fact that your TV doesn't have a lag proves the remote can send commands fast enough, so the problem is more than likely with the Pioneer database codes.

Thanks for the help czzer,

I tried learning the buttons in RAW mode, (tapping the button to be learned once quickly) but that didn't work either. Still slow.

I tried it with 2 repeats - same speed as before.

I tried it with 1 repeat - wont work unless I hold the button down.

I am running out of options. Is there something I am doing wrong ??

Thanks again,

Allan.

·
Registered
6,591 Posts
Is the channel button in Device mode behaving the same as Activity mode? This is a long shot, but check your Activity button setup and make sure the channel button isn't mapped to both the DVR and TV at the same time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue /forum/post/0

Is the channel button in Device mode behaving the same as Activity mode? This is a long shot, but check your Activity button setup and make sure the channel button isn't mapped to both the DVR and TV at the same time.

The channel buttons are only mapped to the DVR. All the buttons for the DVR are behaving the same way - slow.

Anyone using a Harmony remote with a Pioneer DVR , and have "lag-free" button response?? What if I try a setup from a similar model or year?

Thanks again,

Allan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.