Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I've set up my H688 remote and it's generally good.

However, when selecting various applications, it often gets lost and ends up on the wrong input! Often this will be when switching to PC input after being on input 1 (DVI).

It seems like it must be toggling through the inputs rather than using direct codes.

This thread, while not answering for a Harmony, seems to indicate the panasonic is a bit touchy if you mix toggling and direct selecting of inputs
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=453397

Has anyone else had this problem, and solved it?

Cheers,

Josh

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have the same remote and plasma. The 6UY DOES NOT HAVE discrete input codes. That's one of the VERY few bad things on that plasma.

The only discrete code it has is the PC input. So the general rule is to use the use the PC input (a known state) and then toggle the input from there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahh., that's the conclusion I was coming to as I tried every single remote code for the plasma! Thanks for confirming

Sorry to be dense, but is there some way to reprogram the "Watch TV" activity so when it goes to dial the tv to the DVI input, it will automatically go to PC, then do next input once?

Or do I just have to settle for having "next input" be one of my programmable buttons, and expect to have to toggle sometimes when it picks wrong?

thanks!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jhannah
Ahh., that's the conclusion I was coming to as I tried every single remote code for the plasma! Thanks for confirming

Sorry to be dense, but is there some way to reprogram the "Watch TV" activity so when it goes to dial the tv to the DVI input, it will automatically go to PC, then do next input once?

Or do I just have to settle for having "next input" be one of my programmable buttons, and expect to have to toggle sometimes when it picks wrong?

thanks!
Yes, it can be done, that's what I've done. You have to modify the activity. Sorry, it's been a while since I modified the remote settings. Just set it up so that each activity starts at PC. Then insert "next input" to get you to the desired input.

I also have Next Input programmed as a soft key, just in case. Also, Help works, but you have to answer all the questions, just not as fast.

I've had the 768 and I think that the IR transmitters on that remote are a little more forgiving than the 688. But I still like my 688. Raised buttons would've been nice. No way I'd even ask the wife to upgrade it to the new ones right now...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.