AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to set up the six soft keys (those around the LCD display) thru the Harmony website. I figured out how to make all six active and have successfully written commands to all six, but I'm having three problems that are preventing me from getting things just right. Here's what I want:

--------------------

1 | T-up....Letter | 2

3 | T-dn........4:3 | 4

5 | Slow........Full | 6

--------------------

1. How do I control which button gets which command? I figured out that the list on the Harmony website is basically numbered 1 - 6 top to bottom and that corresponds to the 688 buttons as shown above, but it seems that everytime I hit Done, the Harmony website rearranges the buttons so that when I program the remote they are not where I left them. If I go back to the website, they have moved around and match what got programmed.

2. I am unable to enter 4:3 as the button text. What gives?

3. Buttons 2-4-6 are used to switch both the TV and Tivo to best match the content. For all cases, I need to hit the DownArrow on the Tivo to toggle output modes (480i vs. 1080i). Then I need the remote to change the TV to the proper aspect ratio according the button. I can do all of this fine and dandy, but I have a similar problem to #1 above: the Harmony website changes my commands after I hit Done. Specifically, it gets rid of two of the DownArrow Tivo commands. I'm guessing it thinks I accidentally entered the same command for three keys. How do I get around this?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
The LCD buttons are grouped by device priority. Device priority goes from left to right, then down. The software will automatically rearrange the commands this way. If all the commands are from the same device, you can rearrange them as you'd like, otherwise, it's a problem. This reordering (which used to apply to any LCD commands, even within a device) has been complained about by users since the 659 was released. It should be addressed in a future firmware upgrade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.