AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will any 2.0 USB cable work to update my Harmony 700 remote? What is the exact specification of the cable I have lost?

I have a new soundbar to connect, and didn't realize I have lost this cable. Dying to get things set up and hope I can get a cable anywhere. Didn't ask at Harmony forum because I have to set up a new account every time I go there.
TIA....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't own a 700 but I do own an 880 and 670 and they both use a standard usb to mini usb connection. You get these cables with a lot of electronic devices such as digital cameras and mp3 players.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke too soon. There were *too many* options of USB 2.0 cables to buy at Monoprice, and I couldn't decide which to buy.

I also couldn't find any description of the cable I need, in my Harmony papers or the purchase site.

Can anyone help this nervous Nellie?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried the mini-cable for my Maxtor external hard drive... and it's too big. That's what has me wondering if the 700 requires a "micro" cable. Don't have any other USB devices/cables.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For anyone else who ever needs this information, I finally used the right terms for Google to find me an answer, in the Logitech forums.

3ft USB A-Male to Micro USB Male Cable is said to be the cable I need, and that the 700 is different from all the other remotes which use a "mini".

Thanks for your responses...

·
Registered
110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmisfit /forum/post/20835753

For anyone else who ever needs this information, I finally used the right terms for Google to find me an answer, in the Logitech forums.

3ft USB A-Male to Micro USB Male Cable is said to be the cable I need, and that the 700 is different than from all the other remotes which use a "mini".

Thanks for your responses...

Ah, in that case if you own a current model blackberry they all charge using micro usb.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.