AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
No idea, if you're saying the remote uses some wireless network then it's probably some kind of UHF signal. Maybe the manual of the device will give you more specifics.

Note, you should be able to control the AT&T Uverse box via IR, however stay away from the 600 series remotes as they are built on an older design which is known to have problems replicating the high bit rate IR signal used by the Uverse boxes.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory /forum/post/15568478

Can the 880 & 890 control the wireless network based AT&T Uverse system?

I have never heard of Uverse being wireless although it could be a special test they aren't announcing. It is mostly fiber to the eqpt in the field and existing copper from the eqpt to the home with the exception of a few fiber to the home systems in new subdivisions.

All of that has NOTHING to do with the Uverse TV box in the home and the remote used to control it.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpat /forum/post/15568951

the 890 functions only with RF devices compliant with the z-wave protocol.

I believe it comes with an IR extender.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvasco /forum/post/16400993

I have never heard of Uverse being wireless although it could be a special test they aren't announcing. It is mostly fiber to the eqpt in the field and existing copper from the eqpt to the home with the exception of a few fiber to the home systems in new subdivisions.

All of that has NOTHING to do with the Uverse TV box in the home and the remote used to control it.

I believe the Uverse Gateway is wireless but the Uverse STB is IR control.

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/16489248

I believe the Uverse Gateway is wireless but the Uverse STB is IR control.

Of course the Gateway has the capability of a 802.11x home network but he had stated "wireless network based AT&T Uverse system". He makes it sound like the Uverse TV portion works off a wireless signal, which I highly doubt. I only know of it working off fiber and copper. Even if it did work off a wireless signal to the home or wireless signal to the STB the control of the STB is a completely seperate issue that has nothing to do with how it gets its TV signal. So it's really a moot point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts