AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having some problems downloading the update files and it looks to be related to my router. I get through the screens to make my settings just fine, after clicking update I get the dialog asking if I want to open or save the file. Clicking either starts the download, but then it just hangs after downloading 100kb or so. Clicking on trouble shooting and then left clicking on the link to open the file, or right clicking and the selecting save link as produces the same result. The file has down loaded successfully twice in about 20 tries. It doesn't really seem to matter if if in IE or Firefox (my default). One of the successfully D/L's was in IE but the other was in Firefox. Turning of Zone Alarm didn't help either. Just for S&G I removed my router from the loop and connected the modem directly to the computer. The update file down loaded on the first try no problem. I'm going to try a few more times to make sure it is the router, after that I'd have no idea what setting I might change to correct for this. I'll give Logitech a call and see if they have any ideas. Has anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem. Upgraded to the latest firmware for my Linksys WRT54GS and no problems at all with wireless downloading of remote files.

AK1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same here. 9 out of 10 tries the D/L stopped after a few seconds. I would click cancel & try again until it got the whole file. I have since upgraded the WRT54GS firmware and downloads finish ok every time now.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.