AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out how to add a step to my "Watch DVD" activity. 99% of the time I watch my DVD's in "Full (16x9)" mode, but on my 55" Sony TV remote, I have to toggle through Normal, Full, Zoom, and Wide Zoom, to get the right aspect ratio. I tried adding a step to the activity to just press the buttion that changes the aspect ratio once, but if my TV was already in Full mode (b/c i was watching HD before), then it switched it over to "Zoom" for the DVD. I emailed Logitech, but heard no reply yet. Any suggestions? I have read most of the LONG Harmony 880 thread but didn't see this issue tackled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have discrete access to your aspect ratios, you can easily add that remote signal to the end of the activity.

If you don't have discrete access, like me, I found it easier to stick the cycle aspect ratio button on the soft screen of each activity.

Not sure if this was totally helpful, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with something more useful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately i do not have direct access, and already have a soft button for the aspect ratio on my remote. Thanks for your input though! Maybe someone else will figure this out for us. I'll let you know if i hear back from tech support.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I don't have the Harmony yet, but is there a way to find out what discrete codes are available for a certain item? I took the test drive and didn't find it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tech support just got back to me, and there is no way to do what I asked. They informed me that the way I was already going about it, was the best way to do it. Oh well, it is not a big deal at all. It sure beats having to pick up another remote to change the aspect ratio!

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
what I would do is set up two actuivities one called watch 16:9 and one watch 4:3 (or something like that)and and use what the harmony is made for (SST, keeping track of what is happening to know f it is in full or wide)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no way for the remote to use the SST for the aspect ratio. Since my Sony TV has 4 different aspect ratios, and you have to toggle through all 4 of them, the remote cannot tell what state that the aspect ratio is currently in.

This is the email I got back from Logitech:

"Unfortunately, since the ASPECT button is a toggle, meaning that you must press it a number of times to get the desired aspect ration, there is no definitive way to let the harmony know what state it was in last. The best way to use it is as you already have been doing, pressing it from the activities LCD screen. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.