Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I got the H880 the other day and I'm growing more and more happy with it. Like others, at first the website wizzards and navigation had me really confused. I'm not completely at ease with it yet, but going back on the second day (after giving up the first night) it made more sense and the remote is now working pretty well. It's an awesome remote. A lot of the buttons and mappings are intuitive (menu button == tivo button, etc.)

I was really happy to see that the "devices" control for a Panasonic TH42PA25U plasma TV has discrete codes to jump directly to an input source!! How cool! No longer cycing through 6 or more inputs to get from Tivo (Video 1) to the set top box (Digital-In/DVI).

I have two questions about this I hope someone has ideas about:

1) There are discrete codes to jump to all inputs except DVI. I can go directly to Video1,2,3 or Component 1,2 or PC, but I couldn't see any button for jumping to DVI input. Is there a way to add this through the website or is there a good method to request an update of Logitec's database for the codes for this TV?

[BTW, there is an Input Video 4 soft button, and my Panny doesn't even have a 4th Composite Video input. I tried it, hoping it would jump to DVI, but it didn't.]

2) Even though this TV accepts discrete selection of inputs from the H880 remote. When I set up activities on the website, I notice, when switching activities, the remote is just sending the "next input" signal however many times needed to switch from the current activity TV input to the selected activity's input. This would be so much better if the remote could send the TV a single "go to component 1" signal to switch to DVD, for example. It's clear the remote can do this, is there any way to set up the actiivity to take advantage direct-to-input discrete codes?

Thanks a bunch!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.