AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having difficulty with my harmaony 880 not changing the HDMI inputs on my sharp 65se94u properly when I try o change an activity. For example when I am watching TV (input 5 HDMI) and select activity play game (which is input 6 HDMI) it changes everything except the video input. It brings up the menu for video inputs but does not change the input source. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If the remote control has a specific button for hdmi 6 then you could learn that, but I am guessing it does not. I remember seeing an option in the software when learning a command that was talking about a scenario where your original remote must first bring up an input screen in order to change inputs. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
460 Posts
That is correct... it sounds like the change input command is wrong on the remote. There are two types. Command for "remote has different buttons for each input" and "one button for changing inputs" (pressed multiple times). If you sharp is anything like mine it has to be set to the 2nd option...

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
The Sharp Aquos should support discrete input codes. I know my 52D85U will go directly to an input. Choose Method 2.

Method 2: Select this method if the remote has labeled buttons like VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2, and each button displays a unique source input label on the screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The original remote has on inout button that scrolls through a list of inout by repeated presses of the inout button. The first press of the inout button bring up a menu of inouts then each additional press goes to the next input.

I have method one selected and when I selct a different activity it brings up the inout selection menu on the TV like the inout button was pressed once, but it does not go to the one you want.

Trying method 2 works worse then one, it just goes driectly to the first input on the list (TV) on poser up instead of input 5 which it should.

Method one goes to inout 5 on power up but does not change when selecting a different activity.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got our messed up like this too, I ended up having to delete the TV as a device, add it back completely default and then update all the activities. Only then could I get it to change the inputs right...

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my new Sony XBR9. If I'm watching TV and hit Play Xbox 360 it will change the surround sound and bring up the input menu but wont actually change to the right one. Sony you have press input and then use the arrows to scroll down to the correct input not sure how I would program that.

Edit Fixed: I just fixed this problem by going through the software and setting it to switch inputs with: input press, down arrow, select to confirm input. Works fine now might want to try setting it that way instead of multiple press of the input key my works better this way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts