AVS Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 6299 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts
I ran across this problem 2 weeks ago and last night finally figured out what was going on.


When I have the favorite channels list still active on the lcd and if I change channels, up or down, it will send a command to change channels to the next favorite channel on my list instead of the numerical channel. Has anyone else seen this? It's really annoying.


The only way around it is to click the media button to get out of that screen, after all of the channel numbers have finally cleared out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast /forum/post/0


I ran across this problem 2 weeks ago and last night finally figured out what was going on.


When I have the favorite channels list still active on the lcd and if I change channels, up or down, it will send a command to change channels to the next favorite channel on my list instead of the numerical channel. Has anyone else seen this? It's really annoying.


The only way around it is to click the media button to get out of that screen, after all of the channel numbers have finally cleared out.

Whoa... that is actually a cool feature if it works that way. Makes it easy to turn to all your favorite channels without selecting each one individually. I will have to try it tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holydoc /forum/post/0


Whoa... that is actually a cool feature if it works that way. Makes it easy to turn to all your favorite channels without selecting each one individually. I will have to try it tonight.

I agree it is cool, and one that many people would find useful. If there was some option to use/not use it that'd be good for me.


The problem I ran into was if I'm on say 293, then hit the channel down button 3 times to go to 290, my remote will send the channel numbers from my favorite list 252613509, and the exit key for my HR20 wont work until the last number.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenleavez /forum/post/0


I have the exact same problem with my Samsung LCDTV and I adjust my remote to "Antenna" input when I press "watch TV". However, it isn't the right discrete code to go directly to the TV source, instead it does nothing when it's on another source such as HDMI1. I believe the Antenna button is used to switch from NTSC to ATSC and not different source and I can't seem to find what is the discrete code to go directly to the tv tuner. Anyone else have this problem?

I found that if you tell the activity set up that you change inputs by discrete buttons and not the option that says the Samsung way that you can get the TV to go to the correct input. But here was the tricky part. I had to figure out that some of the buttons were incorrectly mapped. Go into device mode and find which button actually selects the correct input that you want and then when you go into activity programming, that is the button to specify. I had to experiment until I found out that when I select HDMI2V2 the TV goes to HDMI 1, so when I wanted HDMI 1 I had to program the activity to select HDMI2V2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Hey guys, just had a quick question just got my remote yesterday, set it up everything seems to work great. I have a SA 8300 HD DVR, I have two activities one is "Watch TV" it turns everything on ok(tv,receiver,cable box) and then I have another activity "Watch PVR" the pvr is also the 8300 hd dvr, is there a way when I hit the "Watch PVR" button that it defaults or changes to the DVR "List" screen or the specific channel for the dvr list? channel 701 on my system. At the current moment "Watch TV" and Watch "DVR" do the same thing. any help would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodogg /forum/post/0


I found that if you tell the activity set up that you change inputs by discrete buttons and not the option that says the Samsung way that you can get the TV to go to the correct input. But here was the tricky part. I had to figure out that some of the buttons were incorrectly mapped. Go into device mode and find which button actually selects the correct input that you want and then when you go into activity programming, that is the button to specify. I had to experiment until I found out that when I select HDMI2V2 the TV goes to HDMI 1, so when I wanted HDMI 1 I had to program the activity to select HDMI2V2

I had similar HDMI switching problems with my Samsung HLT-6189 DLP. I worked with Logitech support to correct them and they promised me they would be updating their database so others could simply update their remotes and get the proper codes. This may not have happened but feel free to give Support a call. I have found them to be very helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donniewb420 /forum/post/0


Hey guys, just had a quick question just got my remote yesterday, set it up everything seems to work great. I have a SA 8300 HD DVR, I have two activities one is "Watch TV" it turns everything on ok(tv,receiver,cable box) and then I have another activity "Watch PVR" the pvr is also the 8300 hd dvr, is there a way when I hit the "Watch PVR" button that it defaults or changes to the DVR "List" screen or the specific channel for the dvr list? channel 701 on my system. At the current moment "Watch TV" and Watch "DVR" do the same thing. any help would be appreciated.

You can leverage the Harmony's "macro capabilities" which will automatically send commands you program for a specific Activity. If you pick "Review Settings" for the Activity in question and then select "Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity", after hitting Next and Save a few times you will come to a screen that allows you to add specific commands to any Device in that Activity. In your case, you would want to select your DVR device and then pick DVR from the dropdown list on the next screen. That will emulate you hitting the DVR button on your remote and it should take you to your DVR List screen. Other commands can be added in sequence after that, if needed. Then save your changes, update your remote and it should work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rettenhu /forum/post/0


You can leverage the Harmony's "macro capabilities" which will automatically send commands you program for a specific Activity. If you pick "Review Settings" for the Activity in question and then select "Yes, but I want to add more control of options and devices for this Activity", after hitting Next and Save a few times you will come to a screen that allows you to add specific commands to any Device in that Activity. In your case, you would want to select your DVR device and then pick DVR from the dropdown list on the next screen. That will emulate you hitting the DVR button on your remote and it should take you to your DVR List screen. Other commands can be added in sequence after that, if needed. Then save your changes, update your remote and it should work.


Thank you very much for the quick reply, I will try it once I get home. Thanx again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I had one other newb question, dont know if its related to the cradle issue or not, I just started using the remote yesterday... when I put it on the cradle it beeps and then the screen changes to the slideshow and it says something about "on the docking station" (cant remember exactly" and the battery meter moves as if its charging... eventually the screen fades to black... if I hit a button while its still on the cradle to make it light up the battery meter is no longer moving as if its not charging.. is this normal? does hitting a button stop the charging process? is there a way to see if its still charging without hitting a key? It seems like it stops charging once the backlight goes off... i may be way off and paranoid so feel free to say so
thanx in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donniewb420 /forum/post/0


Hey guys, just had a quick question just got my remote yesterday, set it up everything seems to work great. I have a SA 8300 HD DVR, I have two activities one is "Watch TV" it turns everything on ok(tv,receiver,cable box) and then I have another activity "Watch PVR" the pvr is also the 8300 hd dvr, is there a way when I hit the "Watch PVR" button that it defaults or changes to the DVR "List" screen or the specific channel for the dvr list? channel 701 on my system. At the current moment "Watch TV" and Watch "DVR" do the same thing. any help would be appreciated.

An advantage of the device is that we can each set it up to behave the way we want. I have mine setup so that Watch DVR is the button we normally use to watch TV, and if we want to watch something that is prerecorded there is a button on the LCD that I called "Watch recorded" or something like that. I also do have an activitiy called Watch TV, but the only time we use that is when we want to use the TV's internal tuner with the cablecard.


An advantage for us to doing it this way is that the Harmony buttons for controlling the DVR are always on the screen in our normal mode. And we use those buttons all the time, whether watching something prerecorded or something live. We pause and reverse even when watching live TV.


Bernie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast /forum/post/0


I ran across this problem 2 weeks ago and last night finally figured out what was going on.


When I have the favorite channels list still active on the lcd and if I change channels, up or down, it will send a command to change channels to the next favorite channel on my list instead of the numerical channel. Has anyone else seen this? It's really annoying.


The only way around it is to click the media button to get out of that screen, after all of the channel numbers have finally cleared out.

I tried it last night and my 880 is not working that way. With the Media displayed, hitting the channel up or down button is causing my DVR to go the next channel number, not to the next item in my favorites.


Bernie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie33 /forum/post/0


I tried it last night and my 880 is not working that way. With the Media displayed, hitting the channel up or down button is causing my DVR to go the next channel number, not to the next item in my favorites.


Bernie

Bernie mine is working the same as yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie33 /forum/post/0


With the Media displayed, hitting the channel up or down button is causing my DVR to go the next channel number, not to the next item in my favorites.

I have not tried mine, and I'm at work right now, but I wonder if it has anything to do with how you answered the question about what you use to change channels (the cable box vs the television).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith outhouse /forum/post/0


I don't see a - or . button on the remote. How do I change to 12-1 for example?

Add it to the menu in the display.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before. you guys who have had your remote for a while, do you sense its better to always leave the remote charging in the cradle or do you leave it off till it gets low and then fully charge?? I know my cell phone they say dont always leave it charging because it will lower the battery life... any help would be appreciated. thanx guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,519 Posts
i leave it off till it gets low and then fully charge. once i let it go completely dead by accident and when it died it turned everything off. i was a little PO'd because i was really into a show and my 60xbr2 takes a little while to come back on when the bulb is hot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,090 Posts
I leave mine on the charger when not in use (in a theater, so only use it maybe 12 hours a week). It has been a year like this with no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
481 Posts
I generally leave it on the charging cradle because then I know where it is.


I had a Pronto TSU2000 for several years and always left it on the charging base. It used a NiCd battery pack, and I never had a problem with it. The 880 uses LiOn so it should be even more resilient.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
Ours usually makes it back to the charger by the end of the day. That way we always know where it's supposed to be.
 
2501 - 2520 of 6299 Posts
Top