AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a bravia 46z4100, sony htss2300 receiver, and a s550 bluray.

they work fine with the tv remote. The problem is with my charter hd cable box/remote. I cant get the inputs for the home theater (htss2300) working on the cable box remote and it doesnt support the blu ray player. Possibly a tivo/netflix box in the future.

The tv remote lets me change channels and look at the cable programming guide, but I cant get the functionality of the A B and C buttons to navigate on the guide.

Last night I ordered a Harmony 880 from amazon for 119. I was told I will be able to do all of the above with this remote.

Is there a cheaper option to do what I want to do. (and what are they)?

Sometimes the nerve signals travel faster to the "buy now button" than to the judgement center.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
There are cheaper Harmony remotes out there that can do what you want (the 550 and 510 come to mind). They aren't quite as nice as the 880 though.

There are also remotes from URC that are pretty popular, but I don't find them as easy to set up for most people.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Allenfdavis,

Thanks for the information for Amazon. I have been shopping this remote for a few weeks and this is a good price for this. Now if it stays this price just a few more days (Friday) I can order it.

I just purchased a 50" panny so my budget has taken a whack with the holidays.

But this will help with all my controls and make the wife HAPPY!

Thanks for the pricewatch!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I ordered the 880 from Amazon on Monday for the wife/upstairs setup. We have a Panasonic RPTV, Sony HTiB, and Motorola cable box. With the cable box hooked up HDMI>DVI to the TV we're running video on the screen, audio from the HTiB, and changing channels on the cable box = three remotes.

Hopefully the 880 does what I think it will and she'll only have one remote to lose in the couch instead of three.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I purchased a refurbished 880 off of Amazon for $79 plus I spent $15 for an additional two year warranty. I couldn't be happier with this remote.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts