AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the Harmony 880. I have a SA 8500 cable box. When changing channels with the Harmony, there is a signifigant delay from the time you push a number to the time it registers at the box.

At the suggestion of customer support, I did two things. First I adjusted the interdevice delay to 0, then I re-learned all of the numbers in my remote in raw format.

Both of these did not solve the porblem. Any ideas??

By the way the regular cable box remote works just fine

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also had this problem. It seems that no matter what i try there is still about a 500ms delay in commands. This is especially annoying when surfing through channels or the guide. It's like everything is in slow motion and takes forever. I have a Motorola DCT 6412 III.

However, i have noticed this with other components in my system. The remote seems to have to process my commands or something because i get the delay even tapping the volume.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
the more I hear about this remote, the more happy I am I never jumped into buying it right away.

things like that drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with slow channel response. I changed the inter-key delay from 500ms to 100 and it now works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.