AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have their tilt sensor fail? The backlight still works, it just doesn't turn on regardless of how much it is shaken. Any chance that Logitech will fix or replace this? I am within my 1-year period.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Did you recently run an update? I know that some 880's had a problem after an update. Remove the battery completely for 30 seconds and insert it back.

In answer to your original question, my tilt sensor did fail after about 1 year. It simply would not wake up the remote at all. I was positive it had nothing to do with an update since I didn't update my remote for over 6 months. I ended up returning it within the warranty and have not had a problem with my new 880.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the exact same problem with my 890. Their support web page mentions that the 7.2 version of the remote update software can cause this problem and they recommend removing the remote battery for a few second to reset it. Didn't work for me but you might try it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent done an update recently. Stupid question -- how do you remove the battery? My battery compartment seems to be sealed shut.

·
Registered
14,549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ico-Jones /forum/post/0

I havent done an update recently. Stupid question -- how do you remove the battery? My battery compartment seems to be sealed shut.

If you have a thumb depression, it will come off. You'll have to force it because it's jammed on pretty well. If you have good thumbnail you should stick it in the seam as you pull to force the catch down.

I recommend removing the battery and then updating the software if you have issues. Drop the battery back in after it's been updated.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Battery didn't help - Logitech will be swapping it out.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.