AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I set up my remote if my HTIB has no dedicated input buttons.

The problem I'm having is when I switch from one component to another it just hits the "input next" button and not a dedicated input button. Which puts me in an input I'm not using and causes me to "help" my way over to the HDMI input I want.

The unit is a Samsung HT 6500

Thanx ahead of time guys.... KG

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran /forum/post/19505339

How do I set up my remote if my HTIB has no dedicated input buttons.

The problem I'm having is when I switch from one component to another it just hits the "input next" button and not a dedicated input button. Which puts me in an input I'm not using and causes me to "help" my way over to the HDMI input I want.

The unit is a Samsung HT 6500

Thanx ahead of time guys.... KG

Unfortunately, your device (if it's indeed HT-C6500) doesn't have discreet codes for the various inputs you need to select. I think you have the following options:

1) Add a soft key with the command "Input next" to every activity that involves the use of HT-C6500 and use it when needed to go to the required input.

2) Try adding some other (relatively related) Samsung HT devices from the database, you might find one that does have discreet input codes (InputHDMI, InputAUX, ...). Update remote and try them out. There is a slight possibility they will work for your device too. I have a Samsung TV that is able to use discreet codes for its inputs, even if it doesn't have the coresponding keys on the original remote. Good luck !

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This little HTIB has had me over a barrel for two weeks now Lol. It's a little quirky and I'm use to dealing with receivers and BR separates.

Your post sounds promising and I alway welcome thinking out of the box as you explained about a soft key option.

I also like the option of entering a HT device in their line that may have discrete codes.I got lot to do now...

Thanx so much !

PS: a friend told me that the harmonies are designed to handle next input type units. He said that the first time I use the help button it remembers where I am while changing inputs to find the correct one. Not sure if I agree, but I reprogramed it again and I'll give it a try this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts