AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Harmony 890 remote. One of my activities is "turn everything off" when I leave the room. I have another activity to "turn everything on" when I enter the room (the remote is outside the door).

My question is that after I click the "turn everything off" activity macro the remote "stays within" that activity. So that when I return back to the room and grab my remote, it's still on the "turn everything off" activity - so I need to click activities and then the "turn everything on" activity.

Is there a way to have an activity return to the main screen (or exit the activity) without remaining suspended in that activity?

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
I had a turn off theater activity. The way the 890 works is all activities leave you in that activity. Even after in the charging cradle. I finally realized I didn't need a turn off activity, because the OFF button will turn everything off. The 890 keeps track of what you have on and the OFF button will then turn everything off automatically.

BTW, the OFF button returns you back to the main menu no matter what activity you are in when you hit it. Even after being in the cradle the OFF button returns to the main menu.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Go the power settings for the projector. When you come to section where it asks you for the button to turn off the PJ, select the option 'Requires more than one button to turn it off' You will now have two drop down lists. Select 'Power Off' button in both the drop down lists. Update the remote and see if that works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts