AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a rather weird question, my colleague bought a Pioneer elite 82 along with the harmony 890. He chose the 82 over the denon's because it came with the ipod cable instead of having to get an additional add-on. However he's having trouble with the 890 and programming it to work the ipod part on the elite 82. I was hoping some guru on here can give me some advice to fix that problem.

or should he just switch it out with the universal remote mx-850?

thnx in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We've seen alot of those types of problems lately...

First off, does the original remote for the device have controls to operate the iPod?

If so, then he can teach the remote the commands necessary through the learning function.

Also you need to make sure that he creates an activity and adds the iPod in the proper category (Digital Music Server).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyDude /forum/post/0

We've seen alot of those types of problems lately...

First off, does the original remote for the device have controls to operate the iPod?

If so, then he can teach the remote the commands necessary through the learning function.

Also you need to make sure that he creates an activity and adds the iPod in the proper category (Digital Music Server).

Hope that helps.

He did use the original 82 elite's remote to teach it and the original operates the 82 fine. It's not only ipod but it's also zone2 for the elite, one way or another, he's had a hard time, I think it's the coding between Harmony and Logitech or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.