AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Harmony 890 for almost a year when the display started to show image burn-in. I contacted Logitech, and they agreed to replace it under warranty. I just received my replacement 890, and have noticed several slight differences in the components that came with the remote.

Most noticeable is the power cable on the RF remote extender now has a connector that allows the cable to be unplugged when updating the configuration! This corrects what I considered to be the one major fault in the original design. Having to unplug the AC adapter every time I had to reprogram was a major pain, since I have it plugged in behind my equipment in the corner of the room.

The other difference I noticed is slight, but I'm trying to figure out the reason. The charger base for the replacement remote has only two gold electrical contacts for charging, whereas the original remote charging base has three. The new one has what looks like a black rubber plug in place of the middle gold contact. Does anyone know why this is so on the new ones? Was the middle contact not used for anything on the 890?

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seplant /forum/post/12947564

This corrects what I considered to be the one major fault in the original design. Having to unplug the AC adapter every time I had to reprogram was a major pain, since I have it plugged in behind my equipment in the corner of the room.

I stopped unplugging mine after about the second time I updated. Seems to work just fine leaving it plugged in during an update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts