AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a Harmony 890 with a PS3 ToothFairy (love it!) to control my PS3. When I use the Harmony to control the PS3 from start, it is fine. Sometimes I will switch over to using the PS3 controller (to play a game, for example).

Afterward, when I return to the PS3 main menu (XMB), the Harmony sends too many codes. I press once and it sends multiple codes. If I press , it sends multiple. Sometimes it only sends an extra 1 or 2, sometimes a whole bunch. The only way to reset things is to restart the PS3. If I don't use the PS3 controller, everything is great.

I have tried adjusting the interkey delays, which doesn't seem to make a difference.

Any thoughts from Harmony gurus out there?

·
Registered
154 Posts
have you tried decreasing repeats? go to the devices tab, click troubleshoot beside the ps3 adapter, then choose the option for 'TV responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally' ... you should then get an option to set the repeats between 0 and 5... if it's sending too many times, take it down one by one.

if it doesn't work and you've set the repeats all the way to zero, you might need to contact harmony tech support for further assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.