AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... I hope this is the correct place for this. Sorry if it isn't, but here goes.

I'm trying to setup my harmony 900 blaster in my media room and running into a problem. The wire previously setup for this is nothing but that... Wire. The blaster has 2 inputs for A & B, but they are plugs. Trying to determine what I need to turn it into a usable line.

I added a photo of the end of the line along with the blaster connector. What do I need to get to get this going?

Thank you in advance.

Blaster Wires.JPG 2025k .JPG file

Attachments

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Easiest thing to do is to split the Harmony blaster in half and then wire the appropriate parts at either end of the cable.

If you don't wish to cut it you will need the following.

2 X 3.5MM adapters to solder on. Available at radio shack.

1 x 2.5mm male to 3.5 mm female mono

1 x 3.5mm male to 2.5 mm female mono

1 x 3.5mm male to male mono wire.

Harmony Rcvr ---> 2.5mm male/3.5 female adapter ----> 3.5mm male to male ---> 3.5mm solder adapter---> your existing wire---> other 3.5mm solder adapter---> 3.5 mm male to 2.5 mm felmale adapter ----> Harmony mini blaster.

If you cannot find mono, stereo may be ok but you may want to look thru the official 900 thread (or the 1100 thread, some of the guys there used 900 blasters with their 1100 and 2.5 mm adapters)

Another thought is you can perhaps get 2.5mm male to 2.5mm female extender cable and cut that in half to extend the receivers connection. You may be ok with stereo like I said or you should be able to track down a mono one hopefully.
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Cable-Store-Headphone-Extension/dp/B000Z0YECU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1365785898&sr=1-1&keywords=2.5mm+extender

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.