AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new TV and I'm having problem with my universal remote. Everything goes through my Denon Receiver and things have always worked fine with my previous LG TV. For some reason, with my new TV something must have changed in the setup as when I turn the TV on with the universal remote, the remote changes the TV to HDMI (input) 3. This is odd as nothing is set to HDMI 3 in any of my setup activities. There is no connection at all to my TV HDMI 3.

In my setting for the remote (all done via online software), I have it set to HDMI (input) 1 when I select "Watch TV".

Any idea what the problem might be?

My components:
Universal Remote - Harmony 900
A/V Receiver - Denon AVR 1910
TV - Sony XBR 70X850B

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a new TV and I'm having problem with my universal remote. Everything goes through my Denon Receiver and things have always worked fine with my previous LG TV. For some reason, with my new TV something must have changed in the setup as when I turn the TV on with the universal remote, the remote changes the TV to HDMI (input) 3. This is odd as nothing is set to HDMI 3 in any of my setup activities. There is no connection at all to my TV HDMI 3.

In my setting for the remote (all done via online software), I have it set to HDMI (input) 1 when I select "Watch TV".

Any idea what the problem might be?

My components:
Universal Remote - Harmony 900
A/V Receiver - Denon AVR 1910
TV - Sony XBR 70X850B

Thanks for any help!!!
check to see if there is an hdmi network set up on tv

it may be telling the reciever to turn to default tv input

·
Registered
15,257 Posts
Thanks. How do I check to see if there is an HDMI Network setup on my TV?
Turn off HDMI control in your Denon, and turn off Bravia Sync in your TV.

Then pick the TV device on your Harmony and test the HDMI 1 command to confirm it goes to the right input. If not, test a few others and find out which one truly does go to HDMI 1 and use that one in your activity.

I'm guessing you only ever use HDMI 1 on your TV, so you could also remove that input command from your activity if you make a new "manual" activity.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ You are correct. I do not use any other input for the TV. Only input 1. My Denon does all the controlling of the different inputs for the different actions (Watch TV, Apple TV, Blu Ray, etc...).

I tried to see if I could remove the step on the Harmony online setup wizard in the "Watch TV" action where the Harmony changes the TV to input 1, but it looks like I need to have some input set for the TV.

I have no idea about turning HDMI control off in my Denon or turning Bravia sync off on my TV. If that would be the next step to try, please point me in the right direction as to how to do them.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts