AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I haven't used my system in a while I have wait about 1 minute before my Harmony 900 will give out commands. At first I thought it was just with my cable box, but now it seems that this problem exists with all of my gear. It is a real hassle because if I start an activity I can't even turn down the volume. I tried updating the remote and even used IR pair to ensure proper signals (for the cable box at least).

I looked around since I assumed others have had similiar issues, but it doesn't seem like this is a common issue. I did find a lot of posts about general lag with this remote, but to be honest I expect that since it transmits via RF and then IR. What I cannot live with though is not being able to control my gear the first minute or so. Any suggestions? This problem started a few months ago, but I do believe there was a time when I did not have this issue.

AVR: Denon 2310

TV: Sony KDL55

Cable Box: Comcast supplied something or other

Thank you

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Really no one else has had this issue? I don't know if this helps, but if I change the channel or volume directly on the AVR or cable box the remote suddenly works after that. Otherwise I have to wait the full minute or so. This is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Sounds to me like IR noise from your tv that goes away after a minute. Can you turn off or down any backlight settings or relocate your cable box? Also try masking tape on the IR eyes of your devices to filter out the noise.

To confirm your remote is really sending signals you can watch it or your blasters through a digital camera.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks mdavej,

This seems like a reasonable explanation. I will create an activity that does not turn on my tv and see if that makes a difference. I will also turn down the backlight settings as suggested.

If I really need to I can use the RF feature of the harmony to create hardline inputs for the remote signals, that would be a pain through. I'll also try repositioning my blasters and recessing my AVR and cable box further back into the tv stand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.