AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only thing holding me back from buying one of these is the fact that it's rechargeable. I hate that. I want to change the batteries...

can anyone tell me if they'll work with regular batteries, or how often it needs charging? I have the same problem with wireless mice, etc...I won't remember to charge it, and when it's too low to work, I'll really need it!!

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBrandy /forum/post/0

880 OR 1000....

I just hate things that don't have external batteries.. HEAR ME APPLE !!!

External batteries in general take up more room (AA would not fit in a Nano (AAA either) or iPod), require design sacrifices, cost much more money over the life of a product, and create more environmental waist. The Harmony (and Apple) use Lithium-ion batteries which are good for about 500 charges. It is best not to let them run completely dead because this will shorten their life by causing crystals to grow. The batteries in the 880 should out last the life of the product (up to 500 weeks or 9 years).

With the Harmony when you are through using it just place in the charging cradle and you will know exactly where it is and it will be fully charged every time. No losing it to the sofa cushion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.