AVS Forum banner

2241 - 2260 of 5706 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Mine recently started to mess up when powering off the projector (which requires the power off button to be hit twice). After messing with it and adjusting delays and redoing the sequences I had no luck and was getting really frustrate. Yesterday I finally realized that my blaster had moved and wasn’t pointing at the projector anymore.
DOH!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Thanks. I'm going to give this all a shot first. The responses give me some hope that all is not lost. Roku, meanwhile, is entirely on my ****list and your comments add fuel to that raging fire. Why we have to continually reboot that thing is a joke. It used to be a rock-solid device. Oh well.
I'm not sure the Roku's ever been a rock-solid device, though I use it a lot more now than I did when I first got it (which isn't saying a whole lot, but at least it does get some use now rather than just sitting there collecting dust), probably at least partly thanks to bandwidth improvements the last few years by my ISP.

I find myself switching between two Rokus and an Apple TV sometimes to find one that can play something I want to watch without errors (but that could be at least partly due to the content provider rather than the hardware). Usually it's the old Roku 3 that gets things done, but yeah it doesn't hurt to reboot it if it's been sitting a while unused.

·
Registered
637 Posts
After some of the updates I have had to reset both the Elite and Hub to factory defaults and start again so you’re not alone. Suggest you go through Delay settings, Fix it myself and Help screens on the remote before you wipe. Sounds like an issue in there to me.
Thankfully rebooting the hub, the Roku and the remote did it. It's running like day one now with the exception of the lost icons on Roku (which I think is due to an update they did).

Thanks to those who suggested it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Mine recently started to mess up when powering off the projector (which requires the power off button to be hit twice). After messing with it and adjusting delays and redoing the sequences I had no luck and was getting really frustrate. Yesterday I finally realized that my blaster had moved and wasn’t pointing at the projector anymore.
DOH!
Yeah, that's another challenge. My projector is 25' away through a tight squeeze into a small space in my attic. I'd like to run an extender from the Harmony hub, but not at all sure if you can even run one of those things 25' and I'd want to shoot myself if I jumped through all those hoops only to find it doesn't work. Everything else in my setup just works without line of sight.

·
Oh ya I'm a Member
178 Posts
Yeah, that's another challenge. My projector is 25' away through a tight squeeze into a small space in my attic. I'd like to run an extender from the Harmony hub, but not at all sure if you can even run one of those things 25' and I'd want to shoot myself if I jumped through all those hoops only to find it doesn't work. Everything else in my setup just works without line of sight.
I cut and soldered in a 20' extension to my elite blaster. Then double sided taped it to my projector with no issues

·
Registered
319 Posts
Got a Harmony Elite for Christmas and I love the thing, but it's doing something weird. Every few hours after starting an activity, I'll pick up the remote and the "DON'T SHOW AGAIN" tutorial page showing me how to start and stop an activity will be up. I'll click the DON'T SHOW AGAIN X button at the top, and it'll come back later.

Anybody have an idea how to stop this? I couldn't find anything in the settings, or in the app, but maybe I missed something.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a question about the Logitech POP Home Switches: Are these rendered redundant if I am using Alexa and Amazon Smart Plugs like this?

I am getting a little confused with all of the peripheral devices that may or may not have redundancy to one another, if, say, I am using Alexa + Harmony Elite as my main control devices.

surprised no one else has mentioned this. mine finally was delivered yesterday - i had given up on it ever actually releasing - and i must say - it is a godsend.

finally solves the power on and app issues all ps4 users and harmony users have suffered through for years.

finally makes playing movies on my ps4 bearable again.

good job pdp. no idea why it took so dang long to release - but i highly recommend it now that it is finally available.
I asked about the PS4 On/Off issue with the Harmony Elite in a thread in another forum on this site, and a member there told me he is able to access the full PS4 functions without this newly released Hub specifically for the PS4. I even asked specifically about that product, too. I am not arguing or contradicting you, since I know NOTHING about all this, except what I read, since I have not bought the Harmony yet, but I do have a PS4 Pro.

Here is the thread I asked in:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-playstation-area/2949194-workaround-turning-ps4-ur-like-harmony-elite.html#post55498776

So I may as well get feedback from people in the thread on this site specifically for this remote.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Got a Harmony Elite for Christmas and I love the thing, but it's doing something weird. Every few hours after starting an activity, I'll pick up the remote and the "DON'T SHOW AGAIN" tutorial page showing me how to start and stop an activity will be up. I'll click the DON'T SHOW AGAIN X button at the top, and it'll come back later.

Anybody have an idea how to stop this? I couldn't find anything in the settings, or in the app, but maybe I missed something.
just bought one 3 days ago to upgrade my good ol' harmony one that served me well for many years. Anyways, I copied everything from that one to this one and it was so fast, i was shocked.
But what you are experiencing has happened to me about twice since ive had it. I grab it and that message don't click is up even don't i didn't do anything but pick it up. Wonder if there will be a fix for this

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thankfully rebooting the hub, the Roku and the remote did it. It's running like day one now with the exception of the lost icons on Roku (which I think is due to an update they did).

Thanks to those who suggested it.
If you are talking about the odd icons that don't match the Roku channels.....it is a known issue they are blaming on Rovi - the company that provides the data:
https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00007BwdIaSAJ/missing-roku-favorite-icons

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
just bought one 3 days ago to upgrade my good ol' harmony one that served me well for many years. Anyways, I copied everything from that one to this one and it was so fast, i was shocked.
But what you are experiencing has happened to me about twice since ive had it. I grab it and that message don't click is up even don't i didn't do anything but pick it up. Wonder if there will be a fix for this
The next time that screen comes up you have to look carefully at it. There is another spot you have to click to get a green check mark first. Then it will stop. I had the same issue.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The next time that screen comes up you have to look carefully at it. There is another spot you have to click to get a green check mark first. Then it will stop. I had the same issue.
I get home and see the message and took a pic so u guys can see it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hi, sorry to be a pain! But can anyone answer my question about the Logitech POP Home Switches above?

When my question went unanswered, I called Logitech support just now, but lol they are closed for the Holiday. I would normally wait patiently for an answer, but Amazon has a really good sale on the Harmony Elite (the lowest price I have ever seen for it!), and they almost never say when their sales will end. Thanks and sorry to be impatient, but I am not sure how time sensitive this is. ;)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hi, sorry to be a pain! But can anyone answer my question about the Logitech POP Home Switches above?

When my question went unanswered, I called Logitech support just now, but lol they are closed for the Holiday. I would normally wait patiently for an answer, but Amazon has a really good sale on the Harmony Elite (the lowest price I have ever seen for it!), and they almost never say when their sales will end. Thanks and sorry to be impatient, but I am not sure how time sensitive this is. ;)

pop switches are just "software" on/off switches. They allow people to easily turn on/off lights, start/stop harmony activities, etc... They have nothing to do with those smart outlets you posted.

Compatible with
Using Apple Home app:
Apple HomeKit-enabled smart home devices, Learn more
Using Logitech POP app:
Smart lights: Philips Hue, Insteon, LIFX, Lutron
Blinds: Hunter-Douglas, Lutron
Locks: August Lock (requires August Connect or August Video Doorbell Cam)
Connected music: Sonos
Platforms: SmartThings, Belkin WeMo,IFTTT
Remote Controls: Harmony Elite, Harmony Companion, Harmony Hub, Harmony Pro,and other hub-based Harmony remotes
All devices sold separately.

·
Registered
541 Posts
pop switches are just "software" on/off switches. They allow people to easily turn on/off lights, start/stop harmony activities, etc... They have nothing to do with those smart outlets you posted.

Compatible with
Using Apple Home app:
Apple HomeKit-enabled smart home devices, Learn more
Using Logitech POP app:
Smart lights: Philips Hue, Insteon, LIFX, Lutron
Blinds: Hunter-Douglas, Lutron
Locks: August Lock (requires August Connect or August Video Doorbell Cam)
Connected music: Sonos
Platforms: SmartThings, Belkin WeMo,IFTTT
Remote Controls: Harmony Elite, Harmony Companion, Harmony Hub, Harmony Pro,and other hub-based Harmony remotes
All devices sold separately.

Thanks for the answer!

Okay, I am still a little confused by this topic, as I am not sure what I need. For instance, when I buy my LIFX BR30 Color Bulbs (or Phillips Hue) I will be able to control them verbally via Alexa and my Echo Dot, but that the POP Switches can also control them via the Harmony Elite. This is further confused by the fact that the Harmony Elite ALSO works with Alexa. I am honestly not sure what it is that the Pop Switches will do that I won't be able to already do with the Harmony + Alexa + those Smart Outlets I posted.

It looks to my UR-inexperienced eye that the POP Switches, in my proposed setup, would create some redundancy I don't need?

Oh and for the moment at least, I don't have electronic blinds, Sonos system (I have a Denon S920W 7.2 with Polk speakers), or August Locks. Again, I am just a little confused as to what I would be spending the extra money for the POP Starter Kit for if I have Alexa (Dot), some Smart Plugs, and the Elite. Sorry for the dense questions! lol

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Thanks for the answer!

Okay, I am still a little confused by this topic, as I am not sure what I need. For instance, when I buy my LIFX BR30 Color Bulbs (or Phillips Hue) I will be able to control them verbally via Alexa and my Echo Dot, but that the POP Switches can also control them via the Harmony Elite. This is further confused by the fact that the Harmony Elite ALSO works with Alexa. I am honestly not sure what it is that the Pop Switches will do that I won't be able to already do with the Harmony + Alexa + those Smart Outlets I posted.

It looks to my UR-inexperienced eye that the POP Switches, in my proposed setup, would create some redundancy I don't need?

Oh and for the moment at least, I don't have electronic blinds, Sonos system (I have a Denon S920W 7.2 with Polk speakers), or August Locks. Again, I am just a little confused as to what I would be spending the extra money for the POP Starter Kit for if I have Alexa (Dot), some Smart Plugs, and the Elite. Sorry for the dense questions! lol
Just to let you know, I have the Harmony Elite, Echo Dot and Philips Hue bulbs. All of this is configurable and can be controlled via Alexa using the Harmony skill. Technically it's Harmony that is doing the actual controlling via the Harmony Alexa skill. I can control the lights verbally via the Dot or via the remote. I don't use any smart switches for this setup.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just to let you know, I have the Harmony Elite, Echo Dot and Philips Hue bulbs. All of this is configurable and can be controlled via Alexa using the Harmony skill. Technically it's Harmony that is doing the actual controlling via the Harmony Alexa skill. I can control the lights verbally via the Dot or via the remote. I don't use any smart switches for this setup.
Yeah, this makes sense, thanks! Slightly off topic, I had posted in another forum and thread on this site that, for the most part, without a Harmony Elite, Alexa is very early in its development and is mostly just a gimmick. I mean, I don't use Uber/Lyft, since I have a car; I live in Brooklyn, and the BEST food places that I regularly order from, you can't order using Alexa; and the vast majority of things you can do with Alexa alone, you can do with the microphone on any smart phone. BUT, it really seems to me that adding a Harmony Elite to the mix turns Alexa from being a cutesy little gimmick into a very powerful platform! Again, that is just my read of it, not yet owning an Elite.

I think I am going to order the Elite today, and not get the POP Switches. If I can control my LIXX or HUE (whichever I choose in a few weeks) with Alexa + Elite, then I may not need the Pop Switches. I was already leaning that way anyway, but I wanted to ask here to see if I was missing anything in my ignorance of this particular tech. Especially when pretty much ALL the reviews on the Pop Switches are overwhelmingly positive.

Plus, I can always get the pop switches later on.

Also, am I right in thinking of the Pop Switches as sort of hub-based IR-Blasters?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Yeah, this makes sense, thanks! Slightly off topic, I had posted in another forum and thread on this site that, for the most part, without a Harmony Elite, Alexa is very early in its development and is mostly just a gimmick. I mean, I don't use Uber/Lyft, since I have a car; I live in Brooklyn, and the BEST food places that I regularly order from, you can't order using Alexa; and the vast majority of things you can do with Alexa alone, you can do with the microphone on any smart phone. BUT, it really seems to me that adding a Harmony Elite to the mix turns Alexa from being a cutesy little gimmick into a very powerful platform! Again, that is just my read of it, not yet owning an Elite.

I think I am going to order the Elite today, and not get the POP Switches. If I can control my LIXX or HUE (whichever I choose in a few weeks) with Alexa + Elite, then I may not need the Pop Switches. I was already leaning that way anyway, but I wanted to ask here to see if I was missing anything in my ignorance of this particular tech. Especially when pretty much ALL the reviews on the Pop Switches are overwhelmingly positive.
I only got the Dot because I bought the Elite and Hue bulbs at the same time and wanted to set everything up at once. For us that's really all we use the Dot for....controlling the AV equipment and lights. So we can say: Alexa watch TV or Alexa turn on Apple TV or Alexa turn on Movie lights.

All of this can also be done via the Elite itself.....but for $50 at the time, the Echo Dot was a added "fun" device.

I would definitely get the Elite. We've enjoyed it for the year or so we've had it.

2241 - 2260 of 5706 Posts