AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Am thinking of getting the Harmony Home Control remote and had a question. I have a Sony projector in a media room and all other components in a media closet. I'm thinking of putting the hub in the closet to control my components but am unsure of how I can control the projector. The projector has an IR port on it, if I were to plug in the included ir blaster to the projector, will it communicate with the remote? I noticed the home control remote doesn't have its own IR blaster built in so am wondering the best way to control the projector.

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ha! Now that's perfect timing. I've got no answer for you as I'm in the same position. Just bought the harmony home control today and looks like I'll have to return it. The remote is useless to me as all my components are in another room and I'd have to run special cabling for the IR blaster. I tried controlling everything with their app but so it's so clunky it's almost painful.

For turning on my vpl 40es, I just use the sony remote in the theatre room.

Hopefully someone has some suggestions here.

·
Registered
528 Posts
The Ultimate Home includes an RF remote, the Home Hub and 2 IR blasters with 8' cords. You should be able to put the hub in the closet with your equipment and run an IR blaster to the room with the projector and it should work fine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You can cut those IR blaster cords and extend them. I have run them over 35' on 2 pairs of a cat5 cable without any problems several times.

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Just bought the harmony home control today and looks like I'll have to return it. The remote is useless to me as all my components are in another room and I'd have to run special cabling for the IR blaster.
Can you not put the hub in that other room?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts