AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
My recommendation would be the 550 or whatever the new model is. Its cheap and easily replaceable if broken.

880/890, bad charger and buttons stop working over time

1000, overall POS, extremely slow response

670, much better but button labels rub off

One, hasn't been out long enough

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

How quickly would buttons wear on the 670? I haven't had that type of problem in the past, but I guess it depends on how good the stickers are.

Opinions on the 720?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have owned nearly 10 different Harmony remotes over the years (both before and after the Logitech acquisition) and they have ALL been of questionable build quality. I have 2 80s right now, and each one is the 3rd one, due to 2 returns each. I've given up on having the backlight be reliable and the one that receives the most use is losing effectiveness to the point that I keep thinking the batteries are drained, forgetting that it is rechargeable and the battery shows full charge. I love the product itself, but the build quality has finally gotten me to look elsewahere.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I have also had the bad charger issue with my 880 and on my 676 the "OFF" button stopped working.

I have moved over to URC and so far, they are rock solid and more capable.

·
Registered
743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaMike /forum/post/15433791

Thanks for the feedback.

How quickly would buttons wear on the 670? I haven't had that type of problem in the past, but I guess it depends on how good the stickers are.

Opinions on the 720?

I have had my 670 for over two years and it does not show a hint of button wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.