AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a harmony 895 (Same as 890 pro) and a simple IR light dimmer remote. On/Off = one short push of say button 1. If I hold button 1 down, it will either dim or brighten the light.

My problem is that I'd like to program the remote to Dim and brighten the light, when I press the either the pause button or when I press a "soft" button in the display.

Does anybody here, know how to make the harmony "hold" down a button for aprox 4½ sec.? I tried making it learn a long command, by just holding the original remote button as long as required, but the software replied by saying that it was a poor IR signal and that I had to make a shorter push on the original remote...

Thank's in advance

Kasper

·
Registered
17 Posts
Having exactly the same problem. I was finally able (I think) to program a HOLD Menu button by holding MENU down for about 2 seconds in learning mode. Anything longer would not stick. I will see if it works, but it would be nice if there was an easier and "cleaner" way to program a HOLD button function.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.