AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just picked up the Harmony One remote, got just about all of it set up and I can't seem to get the inputs right.

I will watch Dish, the switch it over to PS3...it searches through the inputs, selects the right one, then the input pops back up and it goes to TV, which has nothing connected to it....I tried Method 2 as well....nothing....any ideas, this is frustrating as heck!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the problem is that I have a wireless HDMI1/2 etc....and an HDMI1/2 etc...because I have the AN-WL1000....so no input button that the harmony offers takes me to the correct input....so how can i enable these inputs?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang03 /forum/post/19638437

I think the problem is that I have a wireless HDMI1/2 etc....and an HDMI1/2 etc...because I have the AN-WL1000....so no input button that the harmony offers takes me to the correct input....so how can i enable these inputs?

Can you specify what devices are you using and how are they connected?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently my setup is as follows:

Dish Network VIP722 DVR

PS3

These are plugged into a LG AN-WL100W which then transmits all of my signals to the TV (an LG 55LE5400) wirelessly.

The Dish is plugged into HDMI1 in the back of the AN-WL100W and the PS3 is plugged into HDMI2; So when I press the "Input" button on the original TV remote, the list of inputs has wireless inputs (from the AN-WL100W) and then a set of inputs for items plugged directly into the TV

I also have a Vizio soundbar which is plugged into the OpticalOut on the back of the TV, but this has been working ok.

Any help would be great, I worked on it all day yesterday and got no where!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You have not provided any details on how the activities were configured for the two devices. The TV has discrete codes that are used to select which input it should use. Go to Devices for the TV, Setting, and Adjust inputs to confirm. Each activity should specify which input will be used.

Then use the appropriate Activity to switch between devices using the Harmony One, not the input key.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPlayer /forum/post/19640089

The setup looks fine. Is the Help button effective, and does it resolve problem when using the prompts?

The help button does fix the issue...but it takes a while. i.e. if I am on HDMI2 for PS3 and I switch to Dish which is HDMI1, i have to answer the question "is it set to HDMI1" until it cycles through all of the inputs and gets back to '1'

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang03 /forum/post/19640643

The help button does fix the issue...but it takes a while. i.e. if I am on HDMI2 for PS3 and I switch to Dish which is HDMI1, i have to answer the question "is it set to HDMI1" until it cycles through all of the inputs and gets back to '1'

Apparently, you are not using the discrete codes for selecting inputs of your TV. Go to your device, press Settings -> "Adjust inputs" -> select method 2 -> Next -> Next..... etc.

There is one more thing: how are the wireless inputs selected with the TV remote?

Let's assume that the AN WL100W is connected to HDMI1 of your TV.

The inputs are named just HDMI1(W), HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4 and that is all? Or they are like HDMI1-W, HDMI2-W, HDMI3-W, HDMI2, HDMI3, HDMI4?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts