AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just got a Harmony One today for my wife for Valentine's day...she asked for one...really. Problem is after three calls to the Philippines, Nova Scotia and somewhere in Ireland, I cannot get my my Harmony to recognize HDMI 2 on my Pioneer receiver. It defaults to 'TV/Sat' then I have to get up [nullifies the idea of a remote, eh] and actually dial up HDMI 2 on the unit. Even with the Pioneer remote, I had to toggle the HDMI button until I gor to HDMI 2. Am I missing something? Is there a way to keep the receiver from defaulting to 'TV/Sat'? Do I need to send the Harmony One back to Amazon? HELP!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would return it and get a real remote. I program remotes for a living, and I wouldn't touch a Harmony with a 10ft pool with the exception of smashing it =). Especially with your high end rcvr.

Having said that, the next question would be which remote would I recommend. Depends on budget. Minimum I would look at the URC MX-850. I just checked URC's database of codes and for your rcvr, and it has HDMI 1-4 discrete codes.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
ignore the thread crapper...
while i am a urc user as well, there's nothing inherently "wrong" with harmony remotes for 95% of all home users...

the problem is that you have hdmi control turned on (i.e. kuro link)... one of the "features" of hdmi control in the pioneer implementation is that when you turn on the avr, it will default to the "tv/sat" input...

fwiw, this answer (as well as much other helpful information about optimizing your remote and avr) can be found in the 25/27 thread in the avr subforum...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.